Phuket Airport Immigration - No Welcome for Tourists

simon43

As long as you can show hotel reservation and flight ticket out of Thailand , I don't see the problem here. Immigration is only doing their job as they have been told by the military. Just make sure to have your documents ready .

No, this started already before the military got involved.

But yes, agree with you, they are only (and finally) doing what they were supposed to do for a long time already.

• Like 1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not? Because that is the law.

Prostitution is against "the law" here as well. cheesy.gif

But immigration is a law that is easier to enforce (at official entry points) as well as priority.

Feel free to start a petition and try to lobby the government to change the immigration law. It sounds like you really have some great ideas for this country. cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Why not? Because that is the law.

Prostitution is against "the law" here as well. cheesy.gif

But immigration is a law that is easier to enforce (at official entry points) as well as priority.

Feel free to start a petition and try to lobby the government to change the immigration law. It sounds like you really have some great ideas for this country. cheesy.gif

I wonder if you would feel the same if they changed the retirement visa age to 70, and did away with the marriage visa all together.

I'm sure you, and many others, would be signing the petition then. cheesy.gif

Anyway, it's hard to argue against the fact that Thailand's visa laws are outdated and in need of review.

They say they want "high end tourists" here, but what about high end expats?

Why turn away wealthy individuals who wish to live here, just because they are under 50 years of age?

So, a guy like Mark Zuckerberg, one of the world's youngest billionaires, and founder of Facebook, would not be allowed to live here because he is under 50 and not married to a Thai, therefore, must be working illegally.

Sounds reasonable to me. cheesy.gif

Yes. He can come to visit as a tourist but not to live.

Why not?

Why wouldn't Thailand like some of his millions, just because he is under 50 or not married to a Thai?

So basically, you want this country to have laws which allows the rich to do anything as long as they pay enough and at the same time these privileges are denied from the poor. Isn't that the case already?

Do you also think that it should be ok for the rich to kill people with guns or Ferraris as long as they pay enough to the government? Or maybe run a Tuk-tuk mafia?