Kawasaki KLX 125

ktm jeff

Plenty of guys here ride 125's but I suggest you give them the year and exactly what you want to do then they may be able to help you.

Edited by ATF

Sorry ATF , not purchased yet , just a bike on my list. It would be new from Kawasaki Chiang Mai , and used for light off-roading / green-laning but mainly a "shopping" run-around bike. Just wondering if there is an exhaust and 16" / 19" tires for it !.

Last I was at Kawi CM (4 years ago), they had modified bikes at their dealership and sold aftermarket parts there.

I actually bought a TwoBros for my old DTX250 there.

Assuming it is the same dealer, you might want to go in and maybe they stock or can order parts for you.

Everybody I know, and probably everybody on this forum will sooner than later realize that the Kawasaki KLX125 is seriously underpowered to do anything off-road, even an easy to take sand road is quickly to much.

The Kawasaki KLX125 comes with a claimed 10 horsepower and about the same amount of torque. Which is very similar, and on torque less than what a Honda Wave 125i offers... With the Kawasaki KLX125 being a Fuel-Injection motorcycle, modifing it to provide more power is not easy.... IF you want to buy a Kawasaki buy a KLX150...

Or go for a Lifan LF200GY-5, which provides you with around 16 horsepower... for halve the cost... and maybe it will not last as long as the Kawasaki you would have more fun and less stress trying to follow the unpaved roads...

Thank-you , didnt know about BNS ("Burning shop"). Yes , may only be suitable for town use due to power. Lifan is on list to look at due to tires being 21" and 18".

Edited by nigel jeffrey