French Couple rescued from broken elevator in South Pattaya

webfact

French Couple rescued from broken elevator in South Pattaya

lift-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- The Sawang Boriboon Rescue Foundation came to the rescue of a French couple on Thursday Night who found themselves stuck in an elevator at their South Pattaya apartment complex due to an earlier power cut.

The incident occurred just after 10.30pm on Thursday Night at the Holiday Condo View Pattaya apartments in Soi 6 off the Pratamnuk Road in South Pattaya.

It took the couple around 40 minutes to make contact with someone else in the complex who in-turn contacted the rescue service who used the “Jaws of Life” to force-open the elevator doors on the 4th floor where the couple reside.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/131386/french-couple-rescued-from-broken-elevator-in-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-06-13

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Where is the failed Official Thai Visa Fact-Finding Committee On Dreadful Thai Maintenance?

...they failed

...perhaps they had other more pressing matters regarding the site monitoring

...you know how those blankety blankety bureaucracies are

Sacre bleu! Sad for the French tourists being stuck in the lift for so long but I'm surprised they weren't freed by ... 'laurentbkk' Oh sorry, my mistake, he only saves Russians haha

well I dont only save Russian but I am against any kind of bashing ..... to any nationality ...... I am not the kind of who think to be than anyone else here unless like you I suppose

• Like 1

They should consider themselves lucky, they could have been stuck inside the elevator all night, with no aircon. Maybe even had to use the elevator as a toilet.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Guess that rescue foundation does not do a whole lot of elevator rescues. All elevator have an interlock system on the doors that locks them when the elevator is not at that floor . At the

top of the door there is a small access hole. You insert a tool into it, and the door lock will

release. Bet the building owner was pissed off after their doors were destroyed....

Also the elevator control system is not working properly . ( yes I know, stunning development).

In a power outage, the elevator is supposed to slowly go down to its lowest level, and the doors

open. That is what happens in the lift at our building. Clearly it is not supposed to trap

people in it every time the power goes out..

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Also the elevator control system is not working properly . ( yes I know, stunning development).

In a power outage, the elevator is supposed to slowly go down to its lowest level, and the doors open.

Only relatively recent lifts act like that (or go down to ground floor),

but many condos in Pattaya have lift from the past century wink.png

Only relatively recent lifts act like that (or go down to ground floor),

but many condos in Pattaya have lift from the past century wink.png

An elevator/lift will go up if the power fails and the brake is released. The counterweights ensure that.

So sad they destroyed elevator door when it could have been easily opened from above.

They should have be able to open with a "Emergency Door Release Key".

Now I suppose the lifts will be out of action until they:

1. Decide who is going to pay for the damage
  2. And then have to wait weeks to get them fixed
Edited by Basil B