Bloody insanity

pitrevie

Yesterday I was waiting at Siam for the train to take me to Silom and I was looking across to where the new building has been constructed opposite the Paragon Department store and noticed a young man was being lowered down the side of the next door building on a rope above a power pole. I think he has just stripped a poster off the wall and he tried to drop it down but it got caught on the power pole. I kept on thinking if that rope snaps he is going to be straddled on that power pole. However he lowered himself down a bit more and tried to dislodge the paper off the power pole which he achieved but then attempted to lower himself down to ground level between the pole and the building. Next thing I know there are flames shooting out of him and he dropped from the top of the pole down. The train then came along and from what I could see out of the window of the train he was lying on the floor with people around him, my guess is that he was dead from the electric shock. He would obviously have broken some bones given the height he dropped from.

Edited by metisdead
Font size and color reset to normal.

Tragic. a few years ago we pulled into a restaurant parking lot to see quite a bit of smoke coming from a vent, some kid standing there with a garden hose. "No problem, inside please", said reception. My gf at the time could not care less. Sat down anyway depite concern, whilst reading the menu dining room got smoky, so I grabbed her and got out. By the time FD arrived, the entire roof was ablaze and nothing could be done to save it. Entire event could have been prevented with regular cleaning of grill venting. Oh well, TIT.

I don't think this post is off topic and deserves deletion. Point is the cavalier attitude towards safety. Could go on about chaps who install AC units on narrow 6 floor ledges of condos, bent over in an unbalanced posture with no safety harness. I could not bear to watch.

Edited by arunsakda

Tragic. a few years ago we pulled into a restaurant parking lot to see quite a bit of smoke coming from a vent, some kid standing there with a garden hose. "No problem, inside please", said reception. My gf at the time could not care less. Sat down anyway depite concern, whilst reading the menu dining room got smoky, so I grabbed her and got out. By the time FD arrived, the entire roof was ablaze and nothing could be done to save it. Entire event could have been prevented with regular cleaning of grill venting. Oh well, TIT.

I don't think this post is off topic and deserves deletion. Point is the cavalier attitude towards safety. Could go on about chaps who install AC units on narrow 6 floor ledges of condos, bent over in an unbalanced posture with no safety harness. I could not bear to watch.

I will go 12 floors better than that. In my friends condo on the 18th floor he decided several years ago he wanted a satellite dish installed. The guy drilling into the wall outside the veranda area was held with one rope. My friend went out he just couldn't watch what was going on. He was informed a short time later there was no need for his own satellite dish the building had a communal aerial. As I mentioned previously on this forum maintenance and safety come under the heading mai pen rai.