Best Dim Sum in Phuket

emphuket

The Thai Chinese place near Robinsons... The traffic light before Robinsons, turn heading to saphan hin (immigration way).. About 200 m. to the left side is a wide dim sum place (it takes up 3 or 4 shop houses. All clean, spacious, many different kinds.

The place after taking the left past the stadium & heading towards the Mitsubishi dealer is always packed in the mornings. The big one on the winding road leading to the labour office, driving test etc. I also like dim sum at MK although more expensive.

I love dim sum, so I'm grateful to OP for this thread!

One day I'll visit Hong Kong and will have to be airlifted out of there because I'll weigh so much afterwards!

There's a small dim sum place very near Chalong circle, on Chao Far Road East. You would be coming from the North so directions are easy: as you approach the circle on CFRE, park just before the last 7/11 on the left, approx 100m before the circle and almost opposite a Kodak shop on the right. The dim sum place is to the left of the 7/11.

It has a small selection of dim sum but authentic. It opens at 12 noon.

Enjoy!

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Tapster

@ Somtamnification

Firstly, your name is brilliant! I'm nearly completely somtamnificated and I've only been here five months. I love it!

I'm struggling to follow your instructions for the dim sum place.

I've found Robinson's on the map (handbag marker at top of map) and I can see the Immigration Office (bottom of map) but I don't know what you mean by the last traffic lights before Robinson's.

Please help, cos I really want to try this place.

Cheers

post-189147-0-60652300-1402818007_thumb.

• Like 1

Ok, if you are on the road where immigration is....drive away from saphan hin, heading towards the traffic light where you would normally turn right to go to Robinsons (one block after the light).

Anyways, almost directly across from ban neaw school, which is on your left, the dimsum, large shop, is to your right...way before the lights.

Ok, if you are on the road where immigration is....drive away from saphan hin, heading towards the traffic light where you would normally turn right to go to Robinsons (one block after the light).

Anyways, almost directly across from ban neaw school, which is on your left, the dimsum, large shop, is to your right...way before the lights.

Before the traffic lights, about 20m from the Chinese temple on the same side. The last time that I was there, they close at 11am.

Gentlemen, many thanks!!

I will be there directly!

wai.gifwai2.gifwai.gifwai2.gif

@Kopitiam

EEK!....do you mean that they open early in the morning and you have to leave at 11am..........11 in the morning??

Yes, I was there at just passed 11am in the morning and they already started packing up. There is another tim sum place in Kata that also closes at 11am. I do not find the tim sum in Phuket that good. Most of the stuff are from the freezer. Unlike the freshly made ones in Hong Kong and Singapore. But beggers are no choosers!

Thanks, man!

I wonder if there is a niche market in dim sum tours of Hong Kong?

Have you been to HK?

If you have, is it dim sum heaven? I will get there some time in the next five years, but can't afford it at the moment.

No worries, anticipation is fun, but I never let it decrease the experience of the actual thing. I was just reading a lot of anticipation quotes (mine is not a quote) and I was saddened to see that there were many that said....anticipation is often better than the real thing. I think that says more about the author than they'd really like!

biggrin.png

Thanks, man!

I wonder if there is a niche market in dim sum tours of Hong Kong?

Have you been to HK?

If you have, is it dim sum heaven? I will get there some time in the next five years, but can't afford it at the moment.

No worries, anticipation is fun, but I never let it decrease the experience of the actual thing. I was just reading a lot of anticipation quotes (mine is not a quote) and I was saddened to see that there were many that said....anticipation is often better than the real thing. I think that says more about the author than they'd really like!

biggrin.png

Restaurants serving tim sum can be found in many places in HK. Find yourself a seat, order your pot of Chinese tea and wait for the trolley lady to come by. While anticipating your trip, feast your eyes on these morsels:

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=dim+sum+hong+kong&client=firefox-a&hs=J1F&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=sg6fU6qAFMWJuASan4C4DA&ved=0CGwQsAQ&biw=1138&bih=478&dpr=1.2

• Like 1

Small dim sum place in Kathu on the way from Kathu market to the traffic lights where the post office and the primary school are located.

This is actually really close to me. Thanks for the suggestion. I have trips to HK & Singapore planned over the next few months so I'll be able to get a good Yum Cha fix easily then, haha.