BREAKING: Thailand's curfew lifted countywide immedeately

george

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not exactly curfew related but I share your condemnation of this vote.

On the other hand Thailand has been going downhill for the last 2 years and accelerating down during the past 6 months but since the army has had to take over the economy is beginning to look up again.

Many rice farmers have been paid - finally - and all will be paid very soon. Retailers and tourism operators are starting to receive more customers. There is an air of confidence in the business sector so your (anti-coup) pessimism has very little credibility.

Tourist operators are at their wits ends - I'm not sure what planet you are on, but tourist numbers have collapsed and there is no respite in sight. 70 countries have warned their citizens not to come to Thailand. Chinese bookings are down 54%!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

On the other hand Thailand has been going downhill for the last 2 years and accelerating down during the past 6 months but since the army has had to take over the economy is beginning to look up again.

Many rice farmers have been paid - finally - and all will be paid very soon. Retailers and tourism operators are starting to receive more customers. There is an air of confidence in the business sector so your (anti-coup) pessimism has very little credibility.

Tourist operators are at their wits ends - I'm not sure what planet you are on, but tourist numbers have collapsed and there is no respite in sight. 70 countries have warned their citizens not to come to Thailand. Chinese bookings are down 54%!

Actually I'm not sure what planet you are on. One thing for sure, you don't live in Bangkok. And highly likely you don't even live in Thailand. The number of foreign tourists is actually on the rise. Everyone loves a bargain. And there are bargains galore in order to lure tourists back to Thailand. It's working. Sour grapes buddy.

Finally some good news. clap2.gif

Finally ? Surely we have been getting nothing but good news since the military took over the reins. So I think you meant to say More good news not Finally some ... I truly hope they do not rush too quickly back to a premature democracy but I am sure they will only do that when they are sure it is the right time. If it takes over a year then so be it, Much better than quickly going back to all the destructive problems we have had over the past few years as the bloody crazy and ignorant USA would have them do. I just want what is right for Thailand and its future prosperity and happiness to be honest and what the current military Government want too it seems.

• Like 1

All good now that the curfew has been lifted. Those who complained about their freedom and liberty taken away may now continue their business.

In the other thread where cmsally was questioning why the junta arresting the loan sharks when the borrowing parties had agreed to the terms when they borrowed. Some others have given answers like desperation and no other source to turn to which are all correct. I think cmsally is missing the point of how many think when they borrow. One of them is: if the interest is B2 per week for every B100 borrowed, many think it's not that much. What do you think, cmsally? Man, talking about self-righteousness!

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation

Blast occurs at Rama IX Intersection

June 14, 2014 12:05 am

An explosion occurred at the Rama IX Intersection late Friday night, damaging four vehicles and a police booth, Thai Rath reported.

No one was injured.

Thai Rath reported at 11:30 pm that a pin of Russian made grenade was found at the scene.

The Nation

looks like a short lived cancellation of the curfew.

additionally a large catch of war weapons was shown on local TV (7) right now

Edited by wealth

Yes, the military leadership has done a fantastic job.

However, I look to the day that leadership within this country eliminates the Sex toys displayed along the tourist spots. It would improve image and bring back some respect on the streets. If Thailand must sell these toys they should be sold behind closed doors (inside) and away from such an open view.

Personally I think it's sad that Thailand would so openly have this for all ages to see. I remember my family's first trip to BKK, walking along the road where my 12 year old got an eye sore. It felt degrading and I remember feeling embarrassed.

In a country that cares so much what others say, and in a country that wants to be respected it boggles my mind that the educated adults don't take action and remove these toys from children to view and both local children and visiting children.

Maybe some will not agree or see my position but when you try your best bringing up your child and wanting to protect them it hurts knowing that Thailand chooses not to filter these street toys.

Police lurking in Chiang Mai (Loi Kroh road) have just told the bars to all close at midnight tonight.

Yes sir!

This has nothing to do with the coup or the curfew, but has been part of the Chiang Mai adult entertainments and nightlife clampdowns for years, as a matter of fact there seemed hardly any noticeable difference in Chiang Mai since before and during the curfew.

What vote??????