Siem Reap to Hanoi (Vietnam) ?

Hello!

So my brother and I will be flying from BKK to Siem Reap, no problem, but from there we wanted to go to Hanoi. Does anyone know the easiest way of getting there? Or will it be a case of flying back to BKK? (If so do I need an extra entry on my visa?)

Thank you

like i said, "get ur visa in advance"

there is NO visa on arrival for Vietnam,

you can use these guys for a pre approved visa but it still need be put in your passport when u arrive.

http://www.vietnam-evisa.org/

We are going off topic with Vietnam info.

But let me add my 2 cents worth - I used that link above to prepare my visa on arrival. Had no problems, except for about an hour's wait for the visa stamp.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought that Vietnam Airlines offers a direct flight from Siem Reap to Hanoi. Might want to check that out. BTW these days one can really avoid backtracking via Thailand - there are plenty of flights between Indochina countries and more appearing all the time.

If you go by bus it's a long haul but Sapaco Tourist does daily Siem Reap-Ho Chi Minh services via Phnom Penh. The Phnom Penh-Ho Chi Minh services run 9 times daily in each direction, not sure how many of these continue to/start from Siem Reap but probably quite a few of them. From Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi, flights are cheap or if you don't mind risking DVT you can try the train, but definitely go for the sleeper as you won't survive the 30-40 hour soft seat as there's no leg room.

Every travel agency offer busses to Vietnam , cheap but proberbly only operater in night time

591 dollar for airplane is a high price for this short distance!

Wrong - there are no night time buses. There used to be one midnight bus from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh that stopped at the border for 4 hours waiting for it to open, but that was a test of even the most patient persons patience and an absolutely horrible experience, taking 12 hours due to going the long way through a different border crossing. Normally it should take 6 hours from Phnom Penh.

Normally buses between Phnom Penh and Saigon depart between roughly 6am and 3pm. At least one company offers a 4.15pm service, but that is definitely the last service of the day as the border closes at 8pm. From Siem Reap, a direct bus probably only starts in the morning if going through to Saigon the same day. Otherwise it would be necessary to stay overnight in PP before continuing the journey.

• 1 year later...

Archived