Non-O visa issued potentially questionable?

Gentlemen,

I just got a 1-year Non-Immigrant "O" Visa from the Thai honorary consulate in Essen, Germany, when I originally went there to get a tourist visa, by virtue of receiving a life-long pension annuity in an amount exceeding 800.000 Baht a year, as certified by the German Embassy to Bangkok.

As I do not qualify for a "retirement visa" (i.e. Non-Imm O-A) at age 42, am not married to a Thai and do not have any children or Thai relatives to support, and only hold German citizenship, there have been some questions raised in a ThaiVisa forum as to the validity of this visa.

In getting the visa all relevant facts were on the table and are completely accurate as presented. Consulate staff actually offered me to issue the Non-O visa instead of a tourist visa on their own initiative. I positively pointed out I was not yet 50-y-o, this was no obstacle, the visa states my accurate date of birth.

I was explained the differences between the Non-O issued and the Non-O-A visa, i.e. non-residency, no 90-day-reporting, need to leave the country every 90 days, number of entries unlimited and no need for re-entry-permits, no extension possible. I know those differences for myself to be a fact.

I am aware that consulates/embassies are different entities from the actual immigration at border check-points, which can refuse entry or otherwise alter conditions of entry at their own discretion.

My question here would be:

Could I run into trouble on entering Thailand on grounds of there being "no valid reason" for the consulate issuing me the above Non-Immigrant "O" visa or anything along that line, and be rejected entry, all other requirements such as a passport valid in excess of 6 month being met?

Thank you in advance for your opinion on this.

You will not have a problem with using your visa. There are many people that gotten one the same way. Issuance of the visa is at the discretion of the consulate where you got it and you will not be questioned about it.

I did a post in your topic Visa report: Tourist/Non-o visa in Essen, Germany about your visa issuance. Please continue the discussion there instead of this new topic.

This topic mfr_closed1.gif