Sviger's House, Kata Beach

limbos

Any word on Svigers House.

Planning on staying there with my family. Feedback is appreciated.

Never heard of this establishment. Do you perhaps know where in Kata? In the center or closer to the beach?

Thanks for the enquiry Chantal,

Here's a link to the place with a map, looks pretty central to me.

Edited by limbos

Any word on Svigers House.

Planning on staying there with my family. Feedback is appreciated.

Never heard of this establishment. Do you perhaps know where in Kata? In the center or closer to the beach?

Thanks for the enquiry Chantal,

Here's a link to the place with a map, looks pretty central to me.

Its in the new Kata Night Bazaar which is a small complex of three story shop houses which shared pool and bar area. You might want to try Southern Fried Rice Hotel which is exactly opposite in the same complex. It run by a norwegian guy and has good facilities including cable TV, wifi internet, aircon, safe, fridge and an excellent restaurant.

Thanks Mike,

What's the night bazar about? Girlie bars?

Is it a noisy area by any chance?

Never been to Kata but am planning a family trip, it all looks nice on the web, but I rather have a quiet place.

Edited by limbos

Thanks Mike,

What's the night bazar about? Girlie bars?

Is it a noisy area by any chance?

Never been to Kata but am planning a family trip, it all looks nice on the web, but I rather have a quiet place.

There are a group of small hotels and restaurant in a row of new three storey shophouses. At one end there is a group of bar beers (with girls) also at that end there is a small swimming pool. The last time I was there these bars were very quiet and that was in the high season. Southern Fried Rice hotel is at the other end so shouldn't be noisy. There are number of good restaurants, a beauty salon and a fitness centre in the complex.

Its also a short walk to the beach and the main centre of Kata with a huge variety of bars and restaurants. The whole area is very popular with our scandanavian friends but all in all its a pretty central location. You are also at right end of Kata for an easy run over the hills to Nai Harn and Rawai if you want to get away from the tourist area. Terje the owner of this hotel is good guy and if you talk to about the noise he will give an honest answer. He has spent a lot of money getting his rooms right and also offer motorbike rental.

I know him because I helped set up his wireless internet. I don't get anything out of recommending his place I just its a good cheap place to stay.

Good luck

Limbos - the map on the website is incorrect. According to it, Svigers house is opposite Karon beach (where the stadium is located). Also the map indicates Kata Center close to the circle in Karon. Kata Center is actually in the opposite direction. So it does sound as if it is located where Mike says.

When are you planning on bringing the family?

Yes, I agree that map is absolute rubbish. Kata Night Bazaar is just a bit further up from on the right from Club Med going towards Karon. The strange thing is it actually classified as Karon. Its definitely the place I talked about before because I recognise the restaurant. (ate there everyday for 3 weeks - worst English Menu I have ever come across)

Take Care.

Mike