Tesco bank in uk gives 3,5 Procent interest rates!

Don't know Iam write with this topic here, but because many Brits here should know the aswer!

2 days ago on euronews was a report about this

Maybe only company's have money problems

Like Renault bank also gives higher rates, to win customer !

Can everybody open a account?

Most eu banks now give only 0,2 Procent that's the worste joke ever

Edited by Sandman77

Sandman not sure where your figure of 3.5% comes from but go here http://www.tescobank.com/current-accounts/?tpfpgid=tb-home&navid=carousel-slide1 and current accounts 3% on a small amount and Chiang mai has already given you the savings account figure above.

There are a few current account offers around 3% and even 4% with Lloyds but only paid out for a relatively low amount of money - and with other conditions like you have to pay in a regular amount every month.

As to can anybody open - theoretically if you are UK resident and over 18..........

• Like 1

The interest rate reflects the risk ... nobody remember the banking crisis of 2008?

Icesave was massively popular in the UK. It was offering 6% shortly before savers lost all their money ...

• Like 1

Santander at 3% is currently the favorite account.

Absolutely correct. My Santander current account gives me 3% interest. Not bad in the grand scheme of things.

I also gain cashback on my 123 account with direct debits and shopping at the major supermarkets.

And I also get cashback at certain stores from having my credit cards linked to a Quidco account.

Edited by wooloomooloo