pattaya in june

salavan

Just got back from 3 weeks in Thailand, 2 of which were in Pattaya. My regular hotel was very, very quiet. 30% occupancy is being quoted, but I'd guess it's more likely in the 20s. Lots of Indians and Russians just not turning up in numbers. Flew out from England at the back end of May and flight to Bangkok was only half full - it's normally crammed. My airline; middle-eastern; was offering free cancellations or later flights and waiving the fees normally charged. This was for pre-coup bookings only.

Most bars and restaurants have more staff than customers. I think there are more Thais holidaying in Pattaya (even during the week, rather than just at weekends) or maybe it just looks like more. Also seems to be more people from the Middle East. I really hope that things pick up for the sake of all the smaller businesses in Pattaya. A prolonged slump will see many inevitably going to the wall.

It looks like there is optimism for the long term, eg. Holiday Inn are increasing capacity by about 60%, building a new "executive" tower behind their existing hotel. Plenty other development work going on, both condos and hotels, as well as new bars and restaurants.

Yes less tourists , but the traffic on sukhumvit stays the same and all over pattaya, same same, too many motobikes and cars

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I live here and I think tourist numbers are way down. It seems very quiet and the hotels mostly empty.

And isnt it fantastic!!

Depends how you see it.

I have friends who work in the small massage parlours along the beach. Their customers are mainly tourists, even Russian tourists. They now are waiting for costumers all the day long. Some of them didn't even have ONE customer everyday...

I have other friends who work as agogo girls, very pretty girls. They returned in their village to see their family and told me they will come back only when many customers will be back in agogos... It means line-up in agogos will be quickly few and less than average...

So no, I don't think it's fantastic sad.png

Went down yesterday to see a friend before he went home, bit like a ghost town. We sat down at a bar last night, the price list on the wall showed Chang at 45 baht but they were actually charging 40 baht. Desperation or what.

I live here and I think tourist numbers are way down. It seems very quiet and the hotels mostly empty.

And isnt it fantastic!!

Depends how you see it.

I have friends who work in the small massage parlours along the beach. Their customers are mainly tourists, even Russian tourists. They now are waiting for costumers all the day long. Some of them didn't even have ONE customer everyday...

I have other friends who work as agogo girls, very pretty girls. They returned in their village to see their family and told me they will come back only when many customers will be back in agogos... It means line-up in agogos will be quickly few and less than average...

So no, I don't think it's fantastic sad.png

So they went home to spend some quality time with the boyfriend. A couple less 'hos in town I don't think anybody will notice. Edited by OMGImInPattaya

[so they went home to spend some quality time with the boyfriend.

A couple less 'hos in town I don't think anybody will notice.

Who said "a couple" ? They are many who are not short on money

and who don't bother stay here when there is not enough customers.

Happened that they are prettier than average dancers,

So yes many noticed already that they left...

[so they went home to spend some quality time with the boyfriend.

A couple less 'hos in town I don't think anybody will notice.

Who said "a couple" ? They are many who are not short on money

and who don't bother stay here when there is not enough customers.

Happened that they are prettier than average dancers,

So yes many noticed already that they left...

But they still have to kick start the vibrator Ha?

Gad zooks the population of foreigners is so far down that ya mightvas well be the only game in town. I find prices lower and the quiet calm of the low season doubles the feeling that the beach is only there for you

Come, on out its amazing here....

Rode the length of Buakhao last night on a mission with the GF. From Pattaya Tai to Diana, only girls in the roadside bars. Three or four pockets of activity, e.g., Action Street and Rehab area, with some farang customers. Otherwise, every bar at 11 pm was empty. Past Diana some bars were already shuttered or dark.

Had just come from Jomtien, which truly suffers a low low season. Was at Rhompo market. 90% of the places were empty except the first corner bar, Star Bar, which is a quiet, enjoyable place for us old slugs. But even so, not many customers and it's normally one of the busiest places. Aussie Bar next door was closed. Kiss Food had two tables of customers. Rode through back of Tukcom. A clothing night market soi was utterly devoid of buyers.

Had my morning coffee at ABP @ The Avenue...maybe 5 other people at the tables during the two hours I was there. Even Central Beach the past few trips has been almost empty. Paradise indeed!

You kept a chair/ table for 2 hours for 1 cup of coffee

And a bagel :)

Had my morning coffee at ABP @ The Avenue...maybe 5 other people at the tables during the two hours I was there. Even Central Beach the past few trips has been almost empty. Paradise indeed!

You kept a chair/ table for 2 hours for 1 cup of coffee

And a bagel smile.png

For 2 hours, I guess it must have been one like these

20060423015145101_4.jpg

• Like 1

Yes less tourists , but the traffic on sukhumvit stays the same and all over pattaya, same same, too many motobikes and cars

Agree 100% - I have to cross Third Rd, Buakhow and Second Road almost daily, with the odd sprint across Central Road and the traffic is a constant challenge.

The problems in Patts atm isnt that there are too many tourists - its that there are too many folks from Isaan trying to make a living from those tourists. How the hundreds of women hanging out in the notorious Coconut Bar make a living at this time of year completely escapes me, particularly when many of the girls in the bars are effectively freelancers who get only get paid (by the bar) for ladydrinks and barfines. Still, from what I can glean from my Samui thread, things may not be so bad in Pattaya after all - I've seen things pick up in the bars after 11pm and the street hawkers seem to do good business flogging everything from food to shoes to the girls trapped in those bars 10-12 hours a night.

Agree 100% - I have to cross Third Rd, Buakhow and Second Road almost daily, with the odd sprint across Central Road and the traffic is a constant challenge.

The problems in Patts atm isnt that there are too many tourists - its that there are too many folks from Isaan trying to make a living from those tourists. How the hundreds of women hanging out in the notorious Coconut Bar make a living at this time of year completely escapes me, particularly when many of the girls in the bars are effectively freelancers who get only get paid (by the bar) for ladydrinks and barfines. Still, from what I can glean from my Samui thread, things may not be so bad in Pattaya after all - I've seen things pick up in the bars after 11pm and the street hawkers seem to do good business flogging everything from food to shoes to the girls trapped in those bars 10-12 hours a night.

Where is the coconut bar in Pattaya ?

well i did go to pattaya for 4 days stayed in soi buakhao, had a problem finding a guest house or hotel that would accept payment on a daily basis, i was turned away because most wanted a weeks payment up front, i was told the reason for this is because other people might want to book my room for longer cant understand this if ocuppancy is very low

Jesse, I shan't be cruel. I shall tell you the truth.

It doesn't exist. It's a humorous name for the strip along Beach Rd where the freelance hookers strut their stuff. Now, can I interest you in ....

Jesse, I shan't be cruel. I shall tell you the truth.

It doesn't exist. It's a humorous name for the strip along Beach Rd where the freelance hookers strut their stuff. Now, can I interest you in ....

Damn, I was fooled by the mention of hundreds of women. There are no hundreds of women on beach road, there are hundreds of katoeys and a few women.

Now, I'm all ears to the proposition you wanted to make.

Just spent 2 days in Jomtien. My 100 room hotel had 4 guests staying. Breakfast was a little quiet! All the bars I went had very few or no customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand