Germany vs Portugal - Mon 16 June, 11:00 pm, - Match Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Petulant and again, decisive by the ref.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You're right. The ref has been excellent so far.

Should have been a red for the penalty IMO

Quite right on closer inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Full time

4-0 to Germany

Thomas Muller scores first hat trick of this World Cup.

Portugal were woeful. Ronaldo looked nowhere near fit. Germany didn't even really break sweat.

Take a look at my OP, told you this game would be worth staying up for!

A few days ago I said to a few people that I thought Germany would win the world cup. They all said I was crazy and laughed it off. Maybe it'll happen maybe it won't but how can they ignore what is a talented team.

Edited by losworld
  • Like 1

One paper at least, this opening group G fixture looks like it will be well worth staying up for.

The build up to the match has been pretty dominated by Portugal's main man, Cristiano Ronaldo, in his battle to be fit for Portugal's first game.

The latest news on the morning of the game (Bangkok time) is that CR has been declared 100% fit to take on the Germans.

From the Germany squad, there are concerns over the fitness of Bastian Schweinstetger , who was airlifted to hospital on Sunday for tests on a troublesome knee. Phillip Lahm could move from his defensive role to to take up a position in midlfield, similar to where he has played for Bayern Munich for most of the season.

Germany played as a team, Portugal as a one man show(attempted).

• Like 2

pepe took the bait,if you look at it from the kick off they were winding him up,if he hadn't made the head movement after the german had gone down as if he had been hit with a sledge hammer even then after pepe had a close view of his nose the german was on his way down again but he changed his mind after pepe said something like.DO YOU KNOW WHO YOUR FATHER IS,if the ref had been up with play the german should have been sent off too.who said the ref.had a good game,lets see what the experts say about him.

Full time

4-0 to Germany

Thomas Muller scores first hat trick of this World Cup.

Portugal were woeful. Ronaldo looked nowhere near fit. Germany didn't even really break sweat.

Take a look at my OP, told you this game would be worth staying up for!

A few days ago I said to a few people that I thought Germany would win the world cup. They all said I was crazy and laughed it off. Maybe it'll happen maybe it won't but how can they ignore what is a talented team.