Man accidentally shoots his friend to death during hunting trip at Khao Sok National Park

webfact

Man accidentally shoots his friend to death during hunting trip
By Coconuts Bangkok

800px-sus_scrofa_piglet.jpg?itok=DMT3o4K
An adorable wild boar piglet in the Netherlands. Photo: Wikipedia

BANGKOK: -- While attempting to hunt some meat Saturday, a man said he accidentally killed his friend because he thought he was a pig.

Seeing movement behind some bushes, Somnuek Kamchu shot his friend Witthaya Pat-in to death at Khao Sok National Park in Surat Thani province, where the two men were hunting wild boar.

Somnuek told the police they had slept in the woods the night before the incident. As they woke up early in the morning to resume the hunt, Witthaya led the way while Somnuek followed.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/06/16/man-accidentally-shoots-his-friend-death-during-hunting-trip

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-06-16

• Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I've got to really hand it to the reporter on this one. Could he have found a smaller or more cute photo of a wild hog than that?

It really makes these two poachers out to be quite the heartless buffoons. What do they do when they aren't hunting Piglet, drowning day-old puppies?

And the photo is from the Netherlands

• Like 1

Shows how bad security can be at National Parks if these 2 were roaming around with a rifle. OMG !

It's not as if there are fences around national parks! And even in Thailand they are pretty big.

Khao yai is over 2000 sq km.

And Khao sok is 740 sq km .

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khao_Sok_National_Park

But if visiting deep into the forest maybe wear a high viz vest.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker
  • Like 2

"Shoots his friend to death" , I am not with this English term.---------kills his friend in a shooting incident---accident we don't know for sure--just unfortunate---Could he have shouted "are you a pig or not" ??

"While attempting to hunt some meat Saturday, a man said he accidentally killed his friend because he thought (s)he was a pig."

Didn't this also happen in one of the Bangkok bars?

Lot's of killing "accidents" in bars.....

• Like 1

Shows how bad security can be at National Parks if these 2 were roaming around with a rifle. OMG !

It's not as if there are fences around national parks! And even in Thailand they are pretty big.

Khao yai is over 2000 sq km.

And Khao sok is 740 sq km .

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khao_Sok_National_Park

But if visiting deep into the forest maybe wear a high viz vest.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Was about to make a similar observation.

Edited by Bluespunk

so this idiot shot into a bush without seeing what he was shooting at, come on, that is just a bit too hard to believe. Even and adiot would want to see what he was shooting at so he didnt miss it and as he was walking behind his "friend" surely he would have wanteds to make sure it was a pig he was shooting at. Sounds more like an excuse to kill someone, either that or they are inbred and totally stupid

• Like 1

so this idiot shot into a bush without seeing what he was shooting at, come on, that is just a bit too hard to believe. Even and adiot would want to see what he was shooting at so he didnt miss it and as he was walking behind his "friend" surely he would have wanteds to make sure it was a pig he was shooting at. Sounds more like an excuse to kill someone, either that or they are inbred and totally stupid

I was going to remark I hope she's worth it, or the dosh is: one or t'other. I then thought better of it. whistling.gifgiggle.gif

Your first three words sum him up...........anyway...it's a plausible excuse in his mind.....he'll probably get off!

Hunting in national parks is illegal. Besides facing a manslaughter charge, I hope Mr. Somnuek also will be charged for poaching.

Not to mention owning a probably unlicensed firearm and ammunition and, whether licensed to have it at home or not, carrying them in public without permission. Hunting is one of the justifications for owning a gun in Thailand but I have never seen what types of animals you are allowed to hunt and what type of gun you are allowed to have to do it. The gun stores in Bkk only stock guns that can be used for personal defence and target shooting. The most common type of license you can get is for home defence but you are not allowed to take your gun and ammo out of the registered address. Anyway it is very unlikely these characters had licenses for hunting, if they had licenses at all, and certainly not to shoot animals in a national park. Unfortunately this seems to be a common pass time in thailand.

• Like 1

Recently near my mountain home a group parked their car and went hunting mushrooms. They split up and when they returned to the car they found one of their friends laying half in and half out of the car dead covered with red blotches. After he'd been examined by a doctor it was determined he must have stumbled into a next of "tau" (ferocious wasps). They probably swarmed him and stung him to the point that he could just make it back to the car before he succumbed to the poison.

It's a jungle out there! sad.png