Tired legs when jogging

brit1984

The cure for your tired legs might just be cheap roasted black sesame seeds, that is readily available in Bkk. Look for Xongdur brand organic black sesame seeds in Tops and Thai health shops. Don't get the powdered ones. Hard to ingest, they being powdered and all. Get the roasted seeds type. Chew about a tablespoon of it morning and night. Only unwanted side effect might be worsening of existing diarrhea.

I am not a fan of jogging because I think it's not good when you're older. I am a fan of roaming the streets. There was a point in my life where after walking a certain distance my whole legs tired painfully. Relief would only come with resting. I chanced upon a vendor at Mo Chit BTS selling these seeds and I ingested them and I now can walk miles and miles. Sure I do get tired but not with that painful feeling.

Where did I get the idea? Chinese medical folklore says it is great for grey hairs. I took it for my greying hairs. It didn't turn my grey hair black; it did stop greying more. But it sure did my legs lots of good.

White sesame seeds don't have the same medicinal effect.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm older than the OP (37) but began running in Bangkok about a year ago in Benjakiti Park. It was a struggle at first but I gradually built up my endurance. I go quite slowly. You say 10k in one hour is slow, but from my observation most people in the park when I'm there are going more slowly than that, probably because of the heat and humidity.

If it's just general tiredness you suffer from, and not pain, this works for me:

- If I want to run 10k or more I try to eat white rice for lunch, preferrably the Japanese type which has more energy than Thai rice. Then I go running at about 7.30pm when it's getting cooler - I'm not an early morning person:-)

- When it's hot like now and I go on a long run I might take a bottle of water plus a bottle of water mixed with rehydration salts which I buy from Boots. I also drink a couple of glasses of water before going out. Do you drink much alcohol? That could dehydrate you.

- Go slowly for the first two laps and gradually increase speed. But don't worry too much about the overall time given the heat. It was much easier running in Dec/Jan than it is now, especially on days with no wind.

- If I want to do more than 10k I take some dried banana to give me an energy boost. Don't eat anything for two or three hours before running though.

- Stretch afterwards

- Don't run more than 3 or 4 times a week. The muscles can't strengthen without rest days.

- I wear breatheable fabric so you don't get too hot. I also listen to some pumping music that gives me energy - can't run far without it!

But some days the legs feel like lead anyway and I just don't try to fight it. There's nothing wrong with stopping after 5k. After a week off I also find my fitness level drops off quite a lot so get back into it slowly.

Good luck. Have you seen any improvement yet since your first post?

Edited by 77Dan

Mix it up a bit - alternate your activities. Do weight work or bike riding every second day. Or shorter faster runs.

I am guessing you were running in the cold of England before; heat and humidity are incredibly energy sapping. Keep hydrated.

And please, 80kg is not light - spend some money on high quality foot ware. You're bulletproof now but you'll be old one day.

80 Kg not light ??????. Does it not depend on what height you are. I'm almost 80 Kg, but I'm six ft tall, so is 80 Kg not light for me?

If it's your carves and thigh muscles, it might be toxins overload.

We live in a very polluted environment: air, food, water.. your body becomes too intoxicated and it makes it difficult for your blood to bring oxygen to your muscles when exercising. Or you might have an infection.

Do a CBC to check for infection / inflammation.

Try eating more alkaline