No crackdown on foreign workers: NCPO

webfact

Just one of many reports.

10 April 2014

Two people were killed and at least 12 others were injured Wednesday when a truck

full of illegal immigrants crashed into a ditch as it was being pursued by .........

Texas police

Just wonder, why are not suddenly all the illegal Mexicans fleeing the states now?

Maybe the US could learn a bit from Thailand, in how to produce mass hysteria ? coffee1.gif

Edited by JoeLing
  • Like 2

Thai Foreign Ministry, Cambodian Embassy discuss labour issue
By Digital Content

1402984471845-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, June 17 -- The Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Cambodian Embassy have tried to jointly seek solutions to the problem of the Cambodian labour exodus from Thailand as a rumour has spread that Thailand would clear out all foreign labourers in the country.

Thailand's Permanent Secretary for Foreign Affairs Sihasak Phuangketkeow met Cambodian Ambassador to Thailand Eat Sophea at the ministry on Tuesday for talks earlier today, aimed at clarifying Thailand’s current policy regarding foreign labour, during which he also gave assurances that the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) has no policy to remove foreign workers from Thailand as rumoured.

Mr Sihasak stressed that the current labour policy is targeted to bring order to the labour management system, in order to assure that all labourers are entitled to the welfare provisions stated by Thai labour law.

In the meantime, the Thai military and police personnel at the Aranyaprathet customs office in Thailand's eastern Sa Keao province have been parading near the border with speakers on cars, informing the neighbouring labourers at Rong Kluea Market, the Thai-Cambodia Border Market, to explain the rumour and what the facts really are.

The office has also determined that the number of Cambodian workers crossing the border into Thailand today increased slightly, as the authorities were ensuring that the situation is well and in order, through an MOU agreement between local entrepreneurs and Cambodian labourers.

In Thailand's southern Songkhla province, meanwhile, the provincial office together with other relevant agencies has been clarifying the situation to around 18,000 foreign labourers working in the Gulf of Thailand.

The province informed that the labour situation there remained normal and that all foreign labourers have legal registrations. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-06-17

It's accepted that the crack down is disproportionately aimed at Cambodia. So to sceptic in me has to wonder if toys are being thrown out if the pram - coz they stole our temple!

Just saying.....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

hold on to your buttcrack ... farangs are next ?

oh I forgot, the border run crackdown first, what is next ?

"............ farangs are next ?"

Are they now? What makes you say that?

Surely you are legal and have nothing to worry about. Those with dodgy visas and extensions may have a bit of concern.

Surely you are legal and have nothing to worry about. Those with dodgy visas and extensions may have a bit of concern.

Can't quite believe some people are so paranoid about farangs getting kicked out. Do some homework and see how much of Thailand is dependant on our presense.

There are international treaties with all western countries and many more reasons no government would try such a move. If like said above you are not fully legal then worry about yourself and leave the rest of us out of it.

Those with dodgy visas and extensions may have a bit of concern.

What do you mean " a bit of concern" I would say a lot of concern. A lot of these people have been trafficked by influential people and have no official documents.Thailand has been downgraded by the US because of its allegedly poor treatment of immigrant labour. Looks like the Thai's where I live will have start walking their own dogs and picking up their shit .

Even through Army would have legitimate reasons to better control foreign workers and later give them an opportunity to re-enter legally, the method used is highly questionable. No warning, no cooperation with neighboring countries. Only threats to workers and intimidation. What about all the (Thai) businesses that were employing them for years? You want to change, clean and improve the system? good idea but then also start to equally punish people employing illegal workers. And by the way, start to ask CP to better control their supply chain of "slavery". It would be a good example to the World and most importantly, for other businesses in Thailand. What is done now is just dressing; things will be back to normal after military are gone. The whole Thai Society is corrupted and the military junta will not change mentalities.

Erm.... What threats and intimidation from the military?

Also why would they have to cooperate with other countries or give warnings????

The military are not engaged in deportations, the immigration police are doing it.

The majority are leaving of their own accord thank to some shi7-stirring.

You forget that even before the power sieze, the immigration were doing so many raids a day and deporting illegal workers.

Please don't tell me you believe all the gossip you hear..... lol

180,000 (and counting) Cambodian workers have returned home just because they heard rumors and they suddenly decided massively and country wise to go back home. Give warning for what? Just as a courtesy, imagine you are in this situation and you need to leave your place without any of your belongings; how nice... Majority leaving on their own? Are you sure of this? Did you ask them? Do you think one single minute they are happy to leave their "home" and job like this in a matter of a very hours? Are you just brainwashed or what?

I do not believe in gossips here. I live in Thailand for 10 years, I know perfectly how Thai treat and consider Cambodians and Burmeses.

Finally I speak Khmer fluently and I spoke to some of them on several occasions. No propaganda with me, no need to treat me like an American tourist.

Edited by toonsai
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just one of many reports.

10 April 2014

Two people were killed and at least 12 others were injured Wednesday when a truck
full of illegal immigrants crashed into a ditch as it was being pursued by .........

Texas police

Just wonder, why are not suddenly all the illegal Mexicans fleeing the states now?
Maybe the US could learn a bit from Thailand, in how to produce mass hysteria ? coffee1.gif alt=coffee1.gif>

Funny you should mention that...the Mexicans and many S. American countries...are sending their children...without adult supervision...over the border in mainly Texas...the system has been inundated...Texas has had to get help from other states to provide food and housing...I expect the US to allow them to stay...which opens up a whole nuther bucket of worms politically...

Those with dodgy visas and extensions may have a bit of concern.

What do you mean " a bit of concern" I would say a lot of concern. A lot of these people have been trafficked by influential people and have no official documents.Thailand has been downgraded by the US because of its allegedly poor treatment of immigrant labour. Looks like the Thai's where I live will have start walking their own dogs and picking up their shit .

and looking after their own children....

There has to be a lot more to this story than to have so many react to "rumours", they're still leaving in droves despite the NCPO downplaying it all.

Yes, some people are already advancing conspiracy theories regards this, but clearly the "non-crackdown" really is ongoing? So surely it's a lot more plausible that the rumour was advanced deliberately to get people out faster in accordance with the new policy, or if not that the rumour emerged spontaneously as a result of fear regards the real "non-crackdown" that's been going on? To me it seems unlikely that Thaksin would deliberately start a rumour which just happens to be in accordance with what the NCPO wants to achieve (i.e. confining most new migrant workers to special economic zones in border areas).

This story suggests how the rumour got started: http://observers.france24.com/content/20140617-cambodian-workers-flee-thailand-coup

The last junta, not content with setting up a new election caused a money market crash with their ill-advised measures...... I hope the current board are more open to advice from those with experience in running a country - whichever "side" they are from. ....then this fiasco with thousands of people leaving the workforce won't be the first of a series of mishandled policies from a group who admitted only a few moths back that they were no good at running a country.