Thailand ranks second in ASEAN for prevalence of obesity

Lite Beer

As a sex tourist (perv) of discernment, I stopped coming to Thailand over 2 years ago due the fact that I can't find slim girls to my liking any more.

I now get my sex tourism fix in Vietnam, Cambodia and Indonesia now instead! Sorry Thailand

You should, possibly change your nick? "NO - Thainess anymore"! tongue.png

" Thainess, is held to describe a characteristic that persons and things possess when they are Thai."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaification

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a sex tourist (perv) of discernment, I stopped coming to Thailand over 2 years ago due the fact that I can't find slim girls to my liking any more.

I now get my sex tourism fix in Vietnam, Cambodia and Indonesia now instead! Sorry Thailand

You should, possibly change your nick? "NO - Thainess anymore"! tongue.png

" Thainess, is held to describe a characteristic that persons and things possess when they are Thai."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaification

No need, I'll just wait until I get banned. That tends to happen to me from time to time.

Too much sugar, KFC,McDo! Lazy parents, lack of education, sweetie stands outside school, no exercise etc etc you name it - recipe for disaster. On top of that no shame in being obese.What can you say!

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I blame these stupid little smartphones an video games. Kids no longer play outside with other kids. Their heads are buried in their smartphones. They never go outside an play, work up a good sweat an burn off energy. Often times their parents have their heads buried in their smartphones as well.

Also there is a growing middle-class in Thailand. Many first time car owners, first in their family to own an air conditioner.

Air conditioned shopping malls with escalators have replaced the hot & sweaty outdoor markets. Escalators at BTS stations have replaced a lot of sky-bridges with traditional steps.

What people don't realize is that McDonald's an Kentucky Fried Chicken is healthier today than it was 40 years ago when people were slim.

I know, I know, it's an easy target because people are lazy - even in their thinking...

Thai Food, is heavy salted and also heavy sugared, most drinks contain spoons of sugar or syrup....

I always ask No Sugar and also no Salt whenever I eat out.

As for Drinks. If it's not 100 percent fresh and free from Sugar and Syrup I won't touch it..

Being Western it's so easy to pile on the pounds over here, we just have to watch what we eat....

'Being Western it's so easy to pile on the pounds over here, we just have to watch what we eat.... "

Yes, the real problem is all the Fast Thai food restaurants ... that spread throughout the western countries and then finally came to Thailand. Those Thais are just so devious. It's all their fault that farang get fat.

200px-Ronwai01.JPGglobal_obesity_map416.gif

Edited by Suradit69

"Obesity is a disease"

What a joke.

Eating is a disease...yup

and so is

alcoholism

now for every disease....they have 12 easy steps to get rid of it .

What about ignorance.....what are the 12 steps for getting rid of this?

Oh that's right....it's not a disease....it's a cultural thing.

Damn, I wish it was a disease.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I blame these stupid little smartphones an video games. Kids no longer play outside with other kids. Their heads are buried in their smartphones. They never go outside an play, work up a good sweat an burn off energy. Often times their parents have their heads buried in their smartphones as well.

Also there is a growing middle-class in Thailand. Many first time car owners, first in their family to own an air conditioner.

Air conditioned shopping malls with escalators have replaced the hot & sweaty outdoor markets. Escalators at BTS stations have replaced a lot of sky-bridges with traditional steps.

What people don't realize is that McDonald's an Kentucky Fried Chicken is healthier today than it was 40 years ago when people were slim.

I know, I know, it's an easy target because people are lazy - even in their thinking...

I blame these stupid little smartphones

Yeah, right....smartphones cause obesity.....

I guess "stupid parents" is a disease too.

Smartphones are a disease.....the list never stops. Being human is a disease. Thinking is a disease. Living is a disease. God is a disease. Oh know!!!!!!!!!

Its 40c outside. You really want to go and play soccer out there? My kids were active in thailand, now they are twice as active in the UK.

Both stick thin. The only thing we limit is soft drinks and sugar.

Its 40c outside. You really want to go and play soccer out there? My kids were active in thailand, now they are twice as active in the UK.

Who said anything about playing soccer? There are all sorts of things to do outside and it's only 40C at high noon.

Who said anything about playing soccer? There are all sorts of things to do outside and it's only 40C at high noon.

Not sure where u live, but evening temperatures of 25+ are very normal

Notice the world cup footballers struggling at 25c? My son played football in thailand and to watch them all running around like headless chickens at 10am for an hour was actually a little worrying.

They needed water every 5 to 10 minutes. The Thai climate is not conducive to heavy exertion except in winter. Swimming is probably the best.

Notice the world cup footballers struggling at 25c? My son played football in thailand and to watch them all running around like headless chickens at 10am for an hour was actually a little worrying.

They needed water every 5 to 10 minutes. The Thai climate is not conducive to heavy exertion except in winter. Swimming is probably the best.

I have zero interest in the world cup. Haven't paid any attention to it. I lost interest in the sport after playing on a soccer team for two years when I was like 12-13 years old. Then moved on to more fun sports as I grew older.

Regardless of sport, you can't deny the impact these little computer gadgets have affected many people's way of life. I am sure kids in Thailand played outside a lot more 40 years ago than today.

Same in most other countries.

Not putting the blame solely on video games as some of the simple minds in this thread interpreted. It is at least 'part' of the problem.

Edited by 3SoiDogNight

I have zero interest in the world cup. Haven't paid any attention to it. I lost interest in the sport after playing on a soccer team for two years when I was like 12-13 years old. Then moved on to more fun sports as I grew older.

Regardless of sport, you can't deny the impact these little computer gadgets have affected many people's way of life. I am sure kids in Thailand played outside a lot more 40 years ago than today.

Same in most other countries.

Not putting the blame solely on video games as some of the simple minds in this thread interpreted. It is at least 'part' of the problem.

It is part maybe. Schools need more compulsory organised sports definitely. Riding bikes was always a good one. But once again, would you consider riding a bike to work in Thailand? Its 20c in the UK today, and I wouldn't cycle to work unless there was a shower at the other end.

Thais were thin because their diet was generally pretty basic and healthy. Less coke, less biscuits, less rubbish and they would be back to normal in no time.

7-11 is evil.

It is part maybe. Schools need more compulsory organised sports definitely. Riding bikes was always a good one. But once again, would you consider riding a bike to work in Thailand? Its 20c in the UK today, and I wouldn't cycle to work unless there was a shower at the other end.

Thais were thin because their diet was generally pretty basic and healthy. Less coke, less biscuits, less rubbish and they would be back to normal in no time.

7-11 is evil.

You consider food fried in palm oil with scoops of sugar thrown on top to be healthy?

Thai Food, is heavy salted and also heavy sugared, most drinks contain spoons of sugar or syrup....

As for Drinks. If it's not 100 percent fresh and free from Sugar and Syrup I won't touch it..

Being Western it's so easy to pile on the pounds over here, we just have to watch what we eat....

'Being Western it's so easy to pile on the pounds over here, we just have to watch what we eat.... "

Yes, the real problem is all the Fast Thai food restaurants ... that spread throughout the western countries and then finally came to Thailand. Those Thais are just so devious. It's all their fault that farang get fat.

Life is all about choices, if someone wants to eat something,, so be it....healthy or not, there choice..

1. Tax all products that contain refined sugar or high-fructose corn syrup.

2. Then ban the advertising of these products to children.

3. Distribute free methamphetamines to obese fatties to help them slim down rapidly.

(Just kidding on point #3)

3. Distribute free methamphetamines to obese fatties to help them slim down rapidly.

Have you been hanging out with Michael Bloomberg? LOL!

7-11 is evil.

You consider food fried in palm oil with scoops of sugar thrown on top to be healthy?

Where did I say it was healthy? If everyone noticed how much hidden sugar is in their diet, they would be amazed.

It is absolutely dead unnecessary calories. Processed foods in general are stoked with them. Even so called savoury food in Thailand had it added. 7 spoons in one coke. 7......biscuits and snacks in Thailand are extremely sweet.

Maybe Mr. Atkins wasn't so stupid. Man has been consuming fat for ever, but processed sugar for very little time. Certainly I don't thing we munched on sugar cane very much.

Refined sugar is rubbish.

Have you been hanging out with Michael Bloomberg? LOL!

HFCS is a frankenfood. It should be banned.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Looks like I'm in the right country. I like chubby girls! tongue.png

thaifatty_zpsde1b92ac.jpg

Agreed!

Farangs are so quick to blame McDonald's or KFC for being unhealthy. Thai food is very unhealthy yet farangs get all excited when they see noodles an vegetables. Thai food is often fried, has lots of sugar and salt added an vegetables lose their nutritious value once you start cooking them. Those have to be eaten raw.

A plate of pad thai has more calories than a Big Mac.

A plate of Pad Thai has more calories than a big mac? Incorrect..., it's not too far off BUT compare the total fat count and McDonalds wins, hands down. Calories are the issue..., but it's even more the source of the calories..., usually from fat in western foods, institutional or otherwise. But sugar is even worse. The body stores what it can't burn or metabolize, then gets stored as fat.

Legalize MDMA. It suppresses appetite. Music sounds amazing whilst on it and it makes one want to dance to it (and feels awesome when one does), therefore promoting exercise which is good for health in many ways. It is one of the least harmful recreational drugs and far more enjoyable than the few currently legal recreational drugs.

Or should we get on the old "make anything harmful to humans illegal" bandwagon and outlaw food that has too much fat and sugar? I'd prefer the "be responsible for your own health and make well-informed choices" approach instead for any consumables whether it be food or drugs.