Retirement Visa Queries

Dear All,

Should my parents decide to join me in LOS when they have retired,

what would the procedures be?

A few quick questions:

1) Is it east to apply and what documents are required to apply for retirement visa in LOS?

They need to come in person or they can do so at the Thai Embassy in my country?

2) Will they be able to purchase property as well as cars/motorcycles under their own names?

Thanks in advance for the replies!

The visa is applied for abroad. They normally need to show an income of 65,000 a month OR 800,000 in the bank. (At east one of them need to show this, but all depends on the consulate where one applies.

They can buy a condo, but they can't buy land. Cars, motorcycles etc are no problem.

Depending on what type of extension of stay, if any, you have and on their age, your parents might qualify for an extension on that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Aldebaran, I know it's an incredibly onerous task, but you really should, having already been part of this forum for 100 posts, to spend some time reading through all the threads related to your fundamental inquiry.

There is the option of applying for a OA long stay visa at an embassy or consulate that gives a multiple one year entries for a year.. But for a couple it is not a good option unless both can qualify for the OA visa by showing there own financial proof because the one that does not get the OA visa will only be able to get a multiple entry non-o visa and will have to leave the country every 90 days.

The next option is to apply for a one year extension of stay here at immigration. If possible it is best for both of them to get single entry non-o visas before traveling. If only one applies for the extension the other can get a dependent extension of stay. The extensions can renewed every year for infinity.

Aldebaran, I know it's an incredibly onerous task, but you really should, having already been part of this forum for 100 posts, to spend some time reading through all the threads related to your fundamental inquiry.

I must agree with JusMe, the basic requirements and options for a retirement visa issued abroad or an extension within Thailand based on retiremtent is covered in depth - search is your friend. Once you have done the research, if you have specific questions - then better to ask here -

Edited by KED