UK visa application centre in Bangkok

banglay

Hello Everybody

I have to renew my UK passport within the next few months so I have to go to the :-

Trendy Office Building

28th Floor
Sukhumvit Road Soi 13
Klongtoey Nua
Wattana,
Bangkok
Thailand 10110

Can anyone tell me
(1) the best way to get there by car ( gps co ordinated would be good )
(2) A Hotel with parking which near to the application center ( I intend to go the night before and get an early appointment)
(3) how long does the procedure take to verify all the passport documents from start to finish?
(4) any other advice which may be helpful will be fantastic too
Cheers in advance

Not difficult to find, Sumkumvit Soi 13, between Nana and Asok BTS.

The actual location of Trendy Office Building seems to be located between Soi 13 & 15 probably 200 meters back from the Sukhumvit.

Nearby are the Ambassador Regent & Landmark hotels, to name just a few hotels, loads more to chose from with varying degrees of service and prices, and even some charge by the hour [not recommended].

Edit in:

Not difficult to find, well up until the last 200M, not sure on signage, but it is behind the Ambassador Hotel, and be advised there is mention of waits up to 4 hours after allotted appointment times.

Edited by Basil B

Tonight's BBC national news: 480000 passport being processed at the moments. i.e a backlog of almost 1/2 million. Extra 100 staff being hired to help, estimated 6 weeks to clear. This is due to the closure of all embassy passport offices. All UK passports are issued now from one place.

Easy to find: less than 100 metres from Suk on the right. Well signed outside. I was one of the above who mentioned a 4 hour wait but that was for my wife's UK visa, I didn't know they also took in UK passports. (Farangs were not allowed past the metal detector.)

Update on the above - my wife got her visa within a month of application. No reply to 3 emails variously sent to VFS duty officer/UK Embassy/Foreign Office & others over the last two months despite an automated promise of a reply within 20 working days.

Advice already given regarding the location, I would ask if it's really necessary to drive down the evening before, or even drive. Depending where you live, might the bus to Ekammai be an option, it's then only three stops on the BTS.

There's a long running thread on the procedure running here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/713867-changes-to-british-passport-services-in-thailand/page-69#entry7986573, health warning it is a long thread and you might want to sort out the bits that are relevant to you.