Honda with papers from Vietnam

I think long story short, I want to buy a motorbike from a couple who bought the motorbike from Vietnam. They have the blue papers, looks like true offical docs from Viet owner transfering the bike to new owner plus a signed and stamped vietnamese contract. My question is How do I register it in Thailand? Or is it possible? The bike is legally in Thailand now, (Chiang Mai). Also, I work as a teacher and have valid Non-Imm B visa and a valid work permit. I've searched, but no luck. THANKS TOO MUCH

Shawn

What sort of motorcycle is it? The problem is that a foreign motorcycle must pass a road safety and exhaust emission test, which is not that cheap.

But for smaller motorcycles, the Department of Land Transport sometimes finds it not neccesary to do the tests. I have no idea what the cretera is for not needing to test smaller motorcycles... The first idea I had was if the motorcycle model is also known/sold in Thailand, the DLT didn't requuired the tests, but I have seen that the register motorcycles which are not sold in Thailand and still not demand that the motorcycle needs to be tested.

One thing, if your motorcycle has an engine over 150cc your chances seem to become less, if you have a big bike or a motorcycle from a manufacturer which is not represented or unknown in Thailand it's very likely that your motorcycle needs to be tested...