Well Drilling Kalasin Area (Somdet)

oneday

We are in Somdet, about 30km along highway 213 out of Kalasin on the way to Sakon Nakon.

We had a well drilled, but stupidly did not have them actually install a pump before paying them and letting them go. The reason was we were not going to be at the land to secure the pump from theft and we had no wall around the property at that time. We took them at their word that they would come back and install the pump when we were ready.

We have measured the well and it goes down around 36 meters and the water level is at around 18 meters.

Anyway, when the time came we had a devil of a time getting the same drillers to come back and install a "Jet Pump" that we were advised was the way to go in our area, though I have had no good explanation why our area is better for a Jet Pump as opposed to a Submersible. We had an independent installer come out and they could not get the pipes down far enough to reach the water. They speculated the well was not drilled correctly or they transitioned to a smaller hole around 14 meters, because that is as far as they could get.

Finally we got the original people to come back out and they tried to install the pump, but could not get it to work. They blamed the pump as not being a good pump or strong enough pump, which I finally came to the conclusion was total BS. It is a Hitachi and I doubt they make poor quality pumps. These drillers gave us a guarantee of one year. They want us to buy another brand of pump called Lucky Pro which two people say is a poorer quality than the Hitachi or at least equal, but I doubt better. We need the well re-drilled and we can't get the original driller to live up to their guarantee. We have been looking for a new driller for quite some time and have had no luck.

This time we need a driller with a heavier duty rig that uses air, I believe (like a hammer drill I'm guessing), to get through tougher material such as rock. I have three questions:

1. Does anyone know of a drilling company around the Kalasin area or more closely to Somdet with a Air rig or whatever you call it that can go though tougher material?

2. Secondly, is there any reason a new driller could not use the same hole already drilled. My thought is with a hole already there, then enlarging it or straightening it would go fairly quickly? The only problem I see is getting the blue 4" pipe lining out, if possible, before drilling.

3. Once you hit the water level how much further is it normal to go down? For instance I believe we have about an 18 meter column of water which seems pretty decent to me.