The 8 Baht ICE bags at 7/11 or Family

ronthai

Surprisingly, people replied to this

(enjoyed the, drop the bag on the floor tips. Let me thank these posters in name of all the people who did not know thatcheesy.gif ),

but nobody got the point, so let me clarify.

The 8 baht "holed" ice very often, are not transported correctly to the supermarket, or delayed, put back in the supermarkets freezer.

Loads of ice had melted already and then the water in the bag gets re-frozen and fuses the cubes together and the "holes" are also gone.

This leaves 1 big "iceberg" in the bag which will NOT break by dropping it on the floor, not even after smashing it hard on the concrete, which will only cause the bag to break and the "iceberg" is on the floor.

The only way to get that "iceberg" in manageable pieces is a hammer, with or without screwdriver, to force it into smaller pieces.

Edited by ronthai

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(enjoyed the, drop the bag on the floor tips. Let me thank these posters in name of all the people who did not know thatcheesy.gif ),

The 8 baht "holed" ice very often, are not transported correctly to the supermarket, or delayed, put back in the supermarkets freezer.

Loads of ice had melted already and then the water in the bag gets re-frozen and fuses the cubes together and the "holes" are also gone.

This leaves 1 big "iceberg" in the bag which will NOT break by dropping it on the floor, not even after smashing it hard on the concrete, which will only cause the bag to break and the "iceberg" is on the floor.

The only way to get that "iceberg" in manageable pieces is a hammer, with or without screwdriver, to force it into smaller pieces.

Take a tip from Pattaya, drop it from some balcony and see how the berg fares lol

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Take a tip from Pattaya, drop it from some balcony and see how the berg fares lol

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Berg = 1 passing tourist = 0

My local Mom & Pop store guarantees all of their products. About ice, Uncle Somchai told me if the product didn't meet my highest, bring it back for a prompt exchange- and he will give me another one just like it :)

My fridge has an automatic ice maker with a 5 litre reservoir. I never buy ice, just water @ 14 baht per 20 litres. coffee1.gif

Funny you should mention that------ our water has just gone up this week from 10bt to 12 bt.I don't really mind but when I asked why I just got the usual Thai reply ----- smile and say cap kun cap---or something like that--(thank you and smile)clap2.gif

I go to Somchai 3 houses down, 5baht gets me twice as much ice.

I prefer to go to the mom and pop shops as often as I can. Sometimes I pay more and sometimes I have to look at expiration dates, but I like supporting my local neighborhood shops.

/inb4 "double pricing", I can't speak Thai, quality etc etc

What is the expiration date on ice....

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

There was an American program by the name: "Seinfeld" which purported to be a show about nothing. This qualifies for an episode.

I'm not so sure of that.....it's the only substance that continously recycles itself and gives life to this planet......water.....

Edited by pgrahmm

Or buy a bigger glass?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I go to Somchai 3 houses down, 5baht gets me twice as much ice.

I prefer to go to the mom and pop shops as often as I can. Sometimes I pay more and sometimes I have to look at expiration dates, but I like supporting my local neighborhood shops.

/inb4 "double pricing", I can't speak Thai, quality etc etc

What is the expiration date on ice....

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

15mins in this heat.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When you buy holey ice from my local shop, it is usually shovelled from a big coolbox where it's kept with lots of bottles and cans of whatever, which have been handled by the grubby delivery guy and pissed on by the soi dogs - no need for it to be Japanese to be toxic ;)

The now-9-Baht bags are kept in the ice-cream freezer so they are Titanic-killers. Repeated dropping on my apartment floor gets it down to sizes that'll fit in my cool-bucket, but I'm expecting a complaint from the residents below any day now..... w00t.gif

Some people really need to get a life, which doesn't involve internet forums.

• 3 weeks later...

Dont know about International but based on the contents I would say more likely TOXIC !facepalm.gif

I believe you, you are the expert here about toxics

By the way, nice to see you are residing in Thailand now. Love to see you moonwalking in the discos and on the beach smile.png

As long as he doesn't sing.