Pattaya Police Inundated with Tourist-related crimes

webfact

And how about the other 23 1/2 hours of the day? With tourist numbers as low as they are, imagine if there were average levels. Lots of this due to stupidity I agree. Don't have to wear the necklace around neck if afraid of theft. Get a money belt, bag on string under shirt, etc. I too have run into that gang of 3 on baht bus.... like anywhere you have to keep your eyes open and brain engaged. If anyone sits next to me closely on baht bus, I put my hand on top of front pocket where wallet is.

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened in the 4th criminal case within the 30 minute time span? If there were only 3 cases, maybe the headline should be "swamped" rather than " inundated"? Or perhaps a "flooded", or maybe a trickle is more apt. Not so attention grabbing though.

Sounds like a group of pickpockets wee on the town for the night and scored big a few times.

• Like 1

Shenanigans bullsh... bullsh.... bullsh.... These blatant insurance rorts have been going on for years with LB's as the easy fall guy. Its always the same story even a big night in Patts wouldn't mean you were carrying more than 15000 baht around. Who are all these clowns wandering around with 24 000 baht and foreign currency in their kick or 200 000 baht gold necklaces <deleted> who wears a 10 baht gold chain on beach road trolling for LB's give me a break, sensationalistic rubbish, even if it were true som nam na for being a goose coffee1.gif

I remember back in the day going out 1 night in Pattaya with about Bht20k in my pocket and waking up the next day without it and not remembering much after seeing a group of ladyboys, a hotel maid, and several bargirls, all along the Beach Road..someone there must have stolen my money and drugged my mekong & coke later that night.

• Like 2

I remember back in the day going out 1 night in Pattaya with about Bht20k in my pocket and waking up the next day without it and not remembering much after seeing a group of ladyboys, a hotel maid, and several bargirls, all along the Beach Road..someone there must have stolen my money and drugged my mekong & coke later that night.

That turnip truck must have been a bumpy ride.

As already said why are people carrying around so much in cash. It's really quite naive to be honest.

Because everywhere you have to pay cash, no restaurant or bar will accept credit cards nor any shops except the big supermarket.

Where are you going that you need $900 US or 25000 baht or 200 000 baht of gold at 4 in the morning in Pattaya? Turn it up champ, ridiculous commentclap2.gif

Mr. Meisam Shirazi aged 34 from Iran was the next to report a crime. He claimed that as he walked along Pattaya Beach in front of Soi 4, a group of between 4-5 Ladyboy’s approached him and during an embrace a gold necklace worth a reported 200,000 Baht was removed from around his neck.

Ah, that old chestnut.

I'm sure he has insurance that would cover such a loss. rolleyes.gif

You are what you embrace.

U can cut 90% of the theft and other crimes out by making Transvestites illegal in the city limits, Those are men and hey are disguised as women only for one reason and one reason only, CRIME......thats all....

Sounds an excellent idea, so why not include:

Blacks especially Nigerians

Irish

Dogs

Iranians / Arab types

Indians

Chinese

Etc etc

I have some friends who work at Tiffany - you could not meet nicer people. Transsexuals are part of many Asian cultures and are mainstream here in Thailand- just watch local TV. Please leave your discrimination at the airport.

So, you are volunteering for the list?

Put your cash in one of your socks, just remember that when you go for a massage, dont take off and throw on the floor as the ladyboy under the bed will be waiting 555555

• Like 1

U can cut 90% of the theft and other crimes out by making Transvestites illegal in the city limits, Those are men and hey are disguised as women only for one reason and one reason only, CRIME......thats all....

Irish

Dogs

Iranians / Arab types

Indians

Chinese

Etc etc

I have some friends who work at Tiffany - you could not meet nicer people. Transsexuals are part of many Asian cultures and are mainstream here in Thailand- just watch local TV. Please leave your discrimination at the airport.

Are you disputing that the crime rate is much higher among Thai ladyboys in Pattaya compared to the crime rate among Thai men in Pattaya in general?

Yes of course a few of them have legitimate jobs, but the majority of them are there to steal. If you checked it out, I am sure police records would show that most ladyboys in Pattaya have been in trouble with the law at one time or another, most likely including your friends at Tiffany's.

The same police records would likely also show a major overrepresentation of ladyboys in the crime statistics compared to the general public, especially when it comes to drugs and theft.

The police in Thailand seems to have no problem removing beggars and other undesirables from the streets, so there is no reason they could not remove ladyboys and other criminals as well.

• Like 1

is it always the same gang of ladyboys or what?

but some stories...walking around with 900 $ dollar ? necklace of 200.000 baht ?

second seems even more insurance scam like than the first...

Irish

Dogs

Iranians / Arab types

Indians

Chinese

Etc etc

Just because you have chosen to turn a blind eye to the truth, just like some other tv posters, who confirm that they have a passion for ladyboys, and therefore obviously do not want to see them go, does not mean amerasian, I and others have to do it too. On the contrary, I think it is important that as many people as possible speak up about this (to me) obvious problem. Hopefully one day it will reach the right ears, and someone will do something about it. People have been screaming about the Phuket Taxi mafia for decades, and now general Prayuth is finally doing something about it. With a little luck he will remove the jetski mafia and the ladyboys next.

You are of course welcome to leave anything you like at the airport. For starters I suggest you leave your vallet and your mobile there smile.png

As already said why are people carrying around so much in cash. It's really quite naive to be honest.

The shits would have done the same thing if he had 20 bht in his pocket, the point is the place is rife with lo-life picking on tourists. Time for the General to look at stuff and take these scrotes out.....

The downturn in tourism usually results in a crime increase, I think many Thais are currently finding it harder to make a living if they rely on tourism.

I would say that was a miscalculated analysis.

Even if tourist numbers are down, why would there be an increase in this sort of crime?

These crimes are actually very skilled and these people are professionals. These are career criminals.

We all know the vast majority of ladyboys are out and out criminals.... They do this sort of thing no matter how many tourists are in town.

So do the pickpockets.

They can make more in one snatch, than an honest Thai worker can make in a year.

I would say that your analysis is miscalculated. We all know the vast majority of ladyboys don't have a snatch clap2.gif

biggrin.png

Had to look it up, first. So, I learnt a new word today. smile.png

Why do tourists carry so many valuables as they saunter and galavant about?

Not sure if your question was rhetorical, but the answer is that they should not. There is complete ignorance on the part of tourists with regard to spotting situations that are not good. They also need to learn how to remove themselves, fast.

it is important that as many people as possible speak up about this (to me) obvious problem

Humm.... To see this "obvious problem" you need to be walking on Beach Road between 2am and 5am.

I doubt that many of the members here even been there at these hours. rolleyes.gif

And idem for the big majority of tourists who will never see this problem.

it is important that as many people as possible speak up about this (to me) obvious problem

Humm.... To see this "obvious problem" you need to be walking on Beach Road between 2am and 5am.

I doubt that many of the members here even been there at these hours. rolleyes.gif

And idem for the big majority of tourists who will never see this problem.

The BiB know about the problem and should have undercover cops out there to bang up the low life 24 hours a day. It is sooooooooooooo easy. Nooooooo excuses here. Farang come to the land of smiles for just that, smile and have fun, not fear walking back to a hotel.

The time has come for REAL policing and control.....Go General Go and take out this shit.

These crimes "Collateral Damage". That's all. If the authorities wished to address this, they would.

Patrol Beach Rd with 1 or 2 or 3 police. A deterrent.

Jail these thieves when caught, 100 baht fine is realistically giving these thieves a licence to continue their daily multiple crimes. Crimes against foreigners in other S.E. Asian countries carry a far higher penalty. Sadly, not in Pattaya .

I agree. These are the same old scams... You'd think people would learn not to carry so much money on them, especially in places like Pattaya.

But what I want to know is why would a guy, who has his wife with him on holiday, need to carry 24,000 baht PLUS 100 pounds out on the town in Pattaya?

It's either really foolish or really kinky. cheesy.gif

2 lady boy's stopped in front of me on Pattaya 2d road, one threw his/her arm around my neck and said Darling??? Huummmmpf was all she could say after my elbow cracked a rib or two, the other one ran away.

BTW no lady boy bashing, I would have done the same thing if it was a woman or a man, I don't worry about the consequences, learned many years ago, nothing stops an attack faster than excruciating pain.thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

The shits would have done the same thing if he had 20 bht in his pocket, the point is the place is rife with lo-life picking on tourists. Time for the General to look at stuff and take these scrotes out.....

If that was the case hundreds of people of all nationalities would have been robbed daily .

However it is almost always the same nationalities who also happen to be out looking or attracted to men in skirts.

I take regular walks on the beach at different times and in 10 years I have never been robbed not have I been hugged by a man in skirt, simply because I do not smile or wink or flirt with them or pay any attention to them, let alone let them hug me.

Edited by Pralaad

I thought this was Pattaya NEWS stories.

None of this is News. It is Pattaya, it is Normal.

I always wonder hoiw many of these 'Victims' would walk around / wear large amounts of Cash & Jewllery in their home Country known 'Hot' spots ??

coffee1.gif

should be a good night for them, most of the street lights are out tonight at the beach. not sure if they cant afford the power bill in low season or if its rain in the underground cables. most of the beach has camera surveillance these days, no idea if it works tho, especially with no street lighting

"Are you disputing that the crime rate is much higher among Thai ladyboys in Pattaya compared to the crime rate among Thai men in Pattaya in general?" Care to back up this broad assertion with some actual data? Problem of course is that data is hard to find in Thailand that is valid. Police regularly go down a sweep up ladyboys when nothing better to do. I am no fan, client, whatever of ladyboys. What bothers me is painting an entire group based on actions of not that many.

"Are you disputing that the crime rate is much higher among Thai ladyboys in Pattaya compared to the crime rate among Thai men in Pattaya in general?" Care to back up this broad assertion with some actual data? Problem of course is that data is hard to find in Thailand that is valid. Police regularly go down a sweep up ladyboys when nothing better to do. I am no fan, client, whatever of ladyboys. What bothers me is painting an entire group based on actions of not that many.

Action of not that many???

DO you want to say that majority of ladyboys are law abiding, hard working citizens and not hookers?

Any reason why whenever there is a raid, most if not all ladyboys fail drug tests?

Take a walk around Pattaya and count number of ladyboys working in normal jobs in comparison to ladyboys selling their ass.

Then come back and argue again the point of "actions of not that many"

is this wind up, I mean the amounts of money tourists are carrying around? On my yearly sojourn I carry at the most 4,000 baht (in the evening)

during the day 1000 to 2000 depending on whether I have a st or not, and as fore wearing expensive jewelry, idiocy