Pattaya Police Inundated with Tourist-related crimes

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U can cut 90% of the theft and other crimes out by making Transvestites illegal in the city limits, Those are men and hey are disguised as women only for one reason and one reason only, CRIME......thats all....

Sounds an excellent idea, so why not include:

Blacks especially Nigerians

Irish

Dogs

Iranians / Arab types

Indians

Chinese

Etc etc

I have some friends who work at Tiffany - you could not meet nicer people. Transsexuals are part of many Asian cultures and are mainstream here in Thailand- just watch local TV. Please leave your discrimination at the airport.

Just because you have chosen to turn a blind eye to the truth, just like some other tv posters, who confirm that they have a passion for ladyboys, and therefore obviously do not want to see them go, does not mean amerasian, I and others have to do it too. On the contrary, I think it is important that as many people as possible speak up about this (to me) obvious problem. Hopefully one day it will reach the right ears, and someone will do something about it. People have been screaming about the Phuket Taxi mafia for decades, and now general Prayuth is finally doing something about it. With a little luck he will remove the jetski mafia and the ladyboys next.

You are of course welcome to leave anything you like at the airport. For starters I suggest you leave your vallet and your mobile there smile.png

Having had my wallet lifted on Sukhumvit in Bangkok by a ladyboy (but I got it back after putting them up against the wall), I would agree that the prevalence of pickpockets, particularly in tourist areas need sorting out, but I would not start calling all transvestites criminals as Amerasian does - some have respectable jobs - just go into many department stores or even the receptionists at Bangkok Pattaya hospital and see

He is just a bigot and needs to be sent packing

While we are on the subject - are you trying to be a racist with your monicker?

Bigots and racists need sorting.

As already said why are people carrying around so much in cash.

It's really quite naive to be honest.

It's even stupid when it's in a deserted area at 4 in the morning !

Would they do that at home? No.

Is it written all over your face how much you have in your pocket ?

Why people can't keep their hands where they belong e.g. in their own pockets instead of those of a tourist.

Why did Willie Sutton rob banks?

That happens everywhere Rome, Athens everywhere and I believe Pattaya is not special. I have been living here for almost 5yrs but never got robbed.

Never been robbed in Pattaya. In fact a waitress saved my wallet and phoned me after I inadvertently left it at a go-go bar. I rang the bell upon returning for it.

I was robbed in Rome, Italy, though.

it is important that as many people as possible speak up about this (to me) obvious problem

Humm.... To see this "obvious problem" you need to be walking on Beach Road between 2am and 5am.

I doubt that many of the members here even been there at these hours. rolleyes.gif

And idem for the big majority of tourists who will never see this problem.

We can discuss this forever, but an easy solution will be to ask the police. I think you will find that complaints from tourists who have been robbed by ladyboys are not confined to robberies happening between 2 and 5 am, but happens virtually round the clock. You may be right though that it happens more at the late hours, as the ladyboys obviously know that is when the targets are most drunk and therefore easier to rob.

Further, the problem is not confined to beach road, there is plenty of them in walking street as well as elsewhere too.

Yes, most tourists will never se this problem, just like most tourist will never see bank robberies, drug deals, rapes etc. That does not mean we should not try to get rid of bank robbers, drug dealers and rapists.

"Are you disputing that the crime rate is much higher among Thai ladyboys in Pattaya compared to the crime rate among Thai men in Pattaya in general?" Care to back up this broad assertion with some actual data? Problem of course is that data is hard to find in Thailand that is valid. Police regularly go down a sweep up ladyboys when nothing better to do. I am no fan, client, whatever of ladyboys. What bothers me is painting an entire group based on actions of not that many.

"What bothers me is painting an entire group based on actions of not that many."

Care to back up this broad assertion with some actual data?

How do you know it is not that many? From my point of view, it is the majority of them that causes problems, although obviously not all of them at the same time. I am referring to the same statistical data as you are - none.

• Like 1

U can cut 90% of the theft and other crimes out by making Transvestites illegal in the city limits, Those are men and hey are disguised as women only for one reason and one reason only, CRIME......thats all....

Sounds an excellent idea, so why not include:

Blacks especially Nigerians

Irish

Dogs

Iranians / Arab types

Indians

Chinese

Etc etc

I have some friends who work at Tiffany - you could not meet nicer people. Transsexuals are part of many Asian cultures and are mainstream here in Thailand- just watch local TV. Please leave your discrimination at the airport.

Just because you have chosen to turn a blind eye to the truth, just like some other tv posters, who confirm that they have a passion for ladyboys, and therefore obviously do not want to see them go, does not mean amerasian, I and others have to do it too. On the contrary, I think it is important that as many people as possible speak up about this (to me) obvious problem. Hopefully one day it will reach the right ears, and someone will do something about it. People have been screaming about the Phuket Taxi mafia for decades, and now general Prayuth is finally doing something about it. With a little luck he will remove the jetski mafia and the ladyboys next.

You are of course welcome to leave anything you like at the airport. For starters I suggest you leave your vallet and your mobile there smile.png

Having had my wallet lifted on Sukhumvit in Bangkok by a ladyboy (but I got it back after putting them up against the wall), I would agree that the prevalence of pickpockets, particularly in tourist areas need sorting out, but I would not start calling all transvestites criminals as Amerasian does - some have respectable jobs - just go into many department stores or even the receptionists at Bangkok Pattaya hospital and see

He is just a bigot and needs to be sent packing

While we are on the subject - are you trying to be a racist with your monicker?

Bigots and racists need sorting.

I am not sure what a "monicker" is, so can't really answer your question, sorry. However, yes, with the very lose definition of racist used by most people today, I most likely am a racist. Keep in mind though, ladyboys are not a race, except of course that they are part of the human race.

Completely banning ladyboys from any city is of course unreasonable, however, they should be banned/removed from simply hanging out on the busy tourist streets. None of the ones doing that have respectable jobs.

I do not know where you were robbed on Sukhumvit, but as an example, in Nana plaza, all the freelance girls hang out at the parking lot opposite the plaza where there is plenty of space, and where it is easy for potential customers to see them, However, all the freelance ladyboys choose to hang out at the bottleneck entrance where it is most crowded. The girls opposite leave with customers all the time, while the ladyboys at the entrance do not. I wonder why the ladyboys do not simply copy the girls and hang out at the parking lot? Unless of course their goal is not to attract customers, but instead to rub up against guys going in and out of the plaza and lift their vallet.

I guarantee you that had it been 10 ordinary male thieves who had chosen to stand at the entrance and pickpocket drunk guys, the police would have removed them long ago, if not on their own, then on the request of the gogobar owners.

Edited by monkeycountry
  • Like 1

2 lady boy's stopped in front of me on Pattaya 2d road, one threw his/her arm around my neck and said Darling??? Huummmmpf was all she could say after my elbow cracked a rib or two, the other one ran away.

BTW no lady boy bashing, I would have done the same thing if it was a woman or a man, I don't worry about the consequences, learned many years ago, nothing stops an attack faster than excruciating pain.thumbsup.gif

Bashing ladyboys remains ladyboy bashing regardless your willingness for the bashing of women and men. Lack of discrimination regarding whom you deem bashable does not exonerate your guilt on the occasion which you have bashed. It may be true that "nothing stops an attack faster than excruciating pain", yet you do not describe an attack, merely an embrace, albeit presumed that it was unwelcome.

// What bothers me is painting an entire group based on actions of not that many.

Action of not that many???

DO you want to say that majority of ladyboys are law abiding, hard working citizens and not hookers?

Of course YES!

The immense majority of ladyboys has a "normal lady job" in shops, offices or other companies.

They have nothing to do with P4P and what can happen at 4AM on Beach Road!

Looks like you should open your horizon. Thailand, or Pattaya, is not Beach Road only...

This is Pattaya why the suprise? its been like this for DECADES:cheesy:

I think you are exaggerating a little here. I remember in the late 80's early 90's Pattaya was not even close

to the way it is now. I would say it's been like this for maybe a decade.

The downturn in tourism usually results in a crime increase, I think many Thais are currently finding it harder to make a living if they rely on tourism.

I would say that was a miscalculated analysis.

Even if tourist numbers are down, why would there be an increase in this sort of crime?

These crimes are actually very skilled and these people are professionals. These are career criminals.

We all know the vast majority of ladyboys are out and out criminals.... They do this sort of thing no matter how many tourists are in town.

So do the pickpockets.

They can make more in one snatch, than an honest Thai worker can make in a year.

The vast majority of ladyboys that I see are in normal jobs

That may be , but they are certainly represented to a high degree in Pattaya crime stories.... :-)

So let's see, if there are less gazelles ( tourists) coming to the watering hole ( Beach road), that means there will be less lions ( ladyboys) to prey upon them. So in the future there should be

less lions going foreward, assuming this follows the classic predator / prey relationship....

When the Thai police want to cut crime, first thing they do is round up the ladyboys. Hopefully

they can teach that trick to the military...

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Stop apologizing for LBs in Pattaya please.

Far too many of them and far too many crimes committed by them.

Heck a lot of them are hardly even LBs.

They are guys who put a bit of lippy on and a dress.

Opportunists who heard that drunk farangs will shag anything and so flocked or was that frocked to Pattaya to make their fortune.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This is Pattaya why the suprise? its been like this for DECADES:cheesy:

I think you are exaggerating a little here. I remember in the late 80's early 90's Pattaya was not even close
to the way it is now. I would say it's been like this for maybe a decade.

I remember it the same. But, (and this scared me as well) the early 90's was two decades ago..............................wink.png