Beer Lovers, Name Your Favourite Drop...

krisb

weihenstephaner.jpg

Naam, this beer and this brewery whic is the oldest brewery in the world, is brilliant.

The heffe weis beer they make is my favourite all time beer. They sell this beer in Bangkok which is good to know.

i get it in Pattaya since 2 or 3 years and enjoy it very much although my beer consumption of two bottles a week is rather low.

note: your spelling mistake is excused but it's "hefe weiss" laugh.png

TWO bottles a week.......w00t.gif ........It's not PORT...........facepalm.gif ...............laugh.png

• Like 1

weihenstephaner.jpg

Naam, this beer and this brewery whic is the oldest brewery in the world, is brilliant.

The heffe weis beer they make is my favourite all time beer. They sell this beer in Bangkok which is good to know.

i get it in Pattaya since 2 or 3 years and enjoy it very much although my beer consumption of two bottles a week is rather low.

TWO bottles a week.......w00t.gif ........It's not PORT...........facepalm.gif ...............laugh.png

i drink a glass of beer only with food and a 750cc bottle renders three servings. also... there's no need to point out that there's something wrong with me, because i know. some medics and my former comrades in the army have told me many years ago.

post-35218-0-51072700-1403172315.jpg

• Like 2

i drink a glass of beer only with food and a 750cc bottle renders three servings. also... there's no need to point out that there's something wrong with me, because i know. some medics and my former comrades in the army have told me many years ago.

attachicon.gifL-dog vvvs.jpg

Thankyou, it's hard enough trying to spell the beers name!...hefe means yeast right?

Btw, it's only a 500ml bottle, not 750.

Unless there's a bigger bottle us Australians don't know?

Stoneyboy, those beers are brilliant, except the Boags premium. That's average at best.

The La chouffe I must try, been meaning to for a while now. Here in ustralia we get the big bottles of it only.

The La Chouffe is knock your head off stuff,best to sample only a couple of those.

Many of the UK Ales I mentioned are from around my home town/ county and i really miss them for sure.

Fond memories for me of cruising the Norfolk Broads waterways pub crawling, wondering what delight I would find at the next pub, Woodford's beer is for me excellent beer.....thumbsup.gif

Yes, I've spent many a happy hour on a Norfolk broad too thumbsup.gif

For beers - Paulaner for Weissbier is very nice; and seems very available in Thailand. Guinness is my favorite or a good draft bitter. Singha or Tiger are o k and I like them more than Carlsberg or Heineken.

The canned Guinness here used to be brewed in Malaysia and was stronger than back home. But is was a strange sweeter flavor, almost like a barley wine. Awful stuff but I've not had one for 10 years so may be different now.

• Like 1

There is a beer in Oz my mate recommended to me called

Matso's Mango Beer.

Anybody tried it?

No but will check in Dan Murphys next time I'm there mate and if they have it I will report my findings.

No such thing as a bad beer, just some are better than others.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifL-dog vvvs.jpg

Thankyou, it's hard enough trying to spell the beers name!...hefe means yeast right?

Btw, it's only a 500ml bottle, not 750.

Unless there's a bigger bottle us Australians don't know?

i stand corrected. the bottle is indeed 500ml and yes, hefe means yeast. a "Hefe Weizen" is brewed with malted wheat (Weizen), not barley.

• Like 1

I had a bottle of Warsteiner German beer on a flight from Vietnam to Bkk last year. Very nice, was impressed.

Curious beer for that flight. Never heard of it before.

In my former life I used to be a ‘Tetley Bitter Man’

The proper stuff mind you from the North East of England,

not the watered down expensive sh££e that the southern girl bellies drink.

Before Tetley’s I used to drink Vaux Double Maxim but sadly the Vaux brewery

Shut down.

I now put up with Chang Classic.

Have A Nice Day.

Edited by firefox999uk
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I had a bottle of Warsteiner German beer on a flight from Vietnam to Bkk last year. Very nice, was impressed.

Warsteiner is a great beer. Very popular in Germany.

• Like 1

In my former life I used to be a ‘Tetley Bitter Man’

The proper stuff mind you from the North East of England,

not the watered down expensive sh££e that the southern girl bellies drink.

Before Tetley’s I used to drink Vaux Double Maxim but sadly the Vaux brewery

Shut down.

I now put up with Chang Classic.

Have A Nice Day.

The real Tetley's was brewed in Leeds. Only brewed in NE when subcontracted out by Carlsberg in 2011 following there takeover.

Water was a crucial part of the brewing of a good bitter. All good breweries had their own locally distinctive supplies. The Leeds brewed beer was a lovely pint with the creamy head preferred "up North". Tetley merged with Ind Coope and Ansells to form Allied Breweries. The Ansells bitter brewed at Aston was one of the best, with a real bite. Sadly, all now gone to age of chemicals.

Got to admire my German cousins for their Rheinheitsgeboot which keeps the purity laws regarding beer,

Off topic but even HP Sauce is made in Netherlands now, not Birmingham.

• Like 2