Bangkok Criminal Court rejects bail for cocaine-smuggling 'Yuyee'

webfact

Yep - a true Thai sense of proportion here....................bail granted for the cop-killing Ferrari driver but NO bail for trying to import a miniscule amount of cocaine.

A great advert for the Thai version of justice.

The difference between this drug addict and a drug addict driving a Ferrari and killing a cop is the latter has mega bucks and that goes a long way here.

Didn't an old couple get a hefty sentence for illegally picking mushrooms.

How many tourists know what they are potentially facing when their ' bit of fun ' goes wrong ?

Tourists should know because it's announced as part of the 'top of descent' PA on all inbound flights.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's a tired old saying but there has got to be more to this story.

It just not make any sense!

No judge in his right mind would hand down such a harsh sentence for such a small amount .

Don't get me wrong I hate drugs and asian countries as we know have the strictest laws but this is way over the top for a girl who made a stupid mistake.

Maybe human rights might get involved but there must be something missing in all this!

Yep - a true Thai sense of proportion here....................bail granted for the cop-killing Ferrari driver but NO bail for trying to import a miniscule amount of cocaine.

The difference between this drug addict and a drug addict driving a Ferrari and killing a cop is the latter has mega bucks and that goes a long way here.

How many tourists know what they are potentially facing when their ' bit of fun ' goes wrong ?

Tourists should know because it's announced as part of the 'top of descent' PA on all inbound flights.

I'm not just talking about drug offences. Who knows what can happen in a Thai court for any offence ?

No judge in his right mind would hand down such a harsh sentence for such a small amount .

Don't get me wrong I hate drugs and asian countries as we know have the strictest laws but this is way over the top for a girl who made a stupid mistake.

Maybe human rights might get involved but there must be something missing in all this!

The law is the law.

If law say death, it should be death.

If law say fine, it should be fine.

Else why have law.

Please show prove that the judge have abuse the law.

The mushroom pickers were sentenced to 30 years but later released.

I wonder which Judges hand down these very long prison sentences, I'd like to see a list of other cases they've dealt with in the past.

Edited by ukrules

Seeing the before and after photos there would be enough to put some people off doing drugs.....whistling.gif

A mother of (I think) 4 chidren sentenced to 15 years and thats all you have to say.

People get older and their appearances change.Leave her alone

Seeing the before and after photos there would be enough to put some people off doing drugs.....whistling.gif

A mother of (I think) 4 chidren sentenced to 15 years and thats all you have to say.

it's not final yet. When she starts singing her sentence will magically disappear.

BTW, what about a sting operation of so called Hi-So and CEOs users? After caught buying publish their names (like with Paedophiles) and watch the show how life will be dealing with them.

This will reduce demand by 80% for this narcotic.

Looks from the pictures that Yuyee consumed most of her goods herself. Have such an idea that quite some crystal meth was involved as well.

Clueless

And why I'm clueless ?

Those pictures are two times the same lady, but the right one is a shadow of how she looked before. That is what crystal meth does.

I'm sorry, but seriously, that is a ridiculous sentence for such a minuscule amount of coke. 251 mg for pity's sake.

Even coconuts is making this point if the last line in their article [not included in OP here] is anything to go by.

Yes, so much so I was convince first it was a misprint for 251 grams, no it is 251 mg for sure, help fifteeeen years.

Chottee don't get me wrong when this first hit the news I had the same attitude as you that we all know the rules and she got no sympathy from me.

However this minute amount is not trafficking and something just does not sit right.

It's link she was stoned and forgot she had that small amount left but I might be wrong,

Either way it's so small it's not even worth trafficking that's what's got me bothered.

I'm sorry, but seriously, that is a ridiculous sentence for such a minuscule amount of coke. 251 mg for pity's sake.

Even coconuts is making this point if the last line in their article [not included in OP here] is anything to go by.

Yes, so much so I was convince first it was a misprint for 251 grams, no it is 251 mg for sure, help fifteeeen years.

Indeed, this story will trickle out into the worlds media in the coming weeks and months and it will be used by anyone who has an agenda against Thailand to make Thailand look less than civilised.

It's not news that someone was caught with 0.25 grams of cocaine, the only reason this is news is the severity of the sentence.

I have to wonder if this sentencing has political motivations which go against the interests of the current administration.

Maybe this stuff mixed with something else and sold as tablets or capsules? I mean like you get those medical tablets with varying strengths like 100mg, 250mg etc. Otherwise, by itself, 250mg will be just like a grain of fine table salt, right? How can you hide and retreive it later, how do the police find it? Something is very wrong with this story.

Maybe this stuff mixed with something else and sold as tablets or capsules? I mean like you get those medical tablets with varying strengths like 100mg, 250mg etc. Otherwise, by itself, 250mg will be just like a grain of fine table salt, right? How can you hide and retreive it later, how do the police find it? Something is very wrong with this story.

and it was 5 Mg at the police station that later mistyeriously turned into 250 Mg by the time it got to court.The police said that if she pleaded guilty she would be fined and she could go home.

There´s something very wrong going on.

and it was 5 Mg at the police station that later mistyeriously turned into 250 Mg by the time it got to court.The police said that if she pleaded guilty she would be fined and she could go home.

Excuse me, how could anyone in any police station weigh that stuff? Do they have the equipment for that? I don't think so.

Well you certainly have a point there. How ever you are comparing apples to oranges.

The cop killing Ferrari driver was given bail under a completely different Government.

I sincerely hope this is not indicative of the present Government as the penalty defiantly out weighs the crime.

Well you certainly have a point there. How ever you are comparing apples to oranges.

The cop killing Ferrari driver was given bail under a completely different Government.

I sincerely hope this is not indicative of the present Government as the penalty defiantly out weighs the crime.

It isn't the government that heads a court isn't it ?

The law is the law.

If law say death, it should be death.

If law say fine, it should be fine.

Else why have law.

Please show prove that the judge have abuse the law.

No problem.

I will have the proof for you the minute you show that 15 years for that small an amount is justice.

I admit it is legal but justice not a chance.

Maybe in one of your more barbaric previous lives. But not in this one.thumbsup.gif

I do feel sorry for her in as much as the sentence is punitive in the extreme but she is a Thai and she should know better than most that in Thailand you should never, ever have anything to do with drugs unless you are well connected.

The judiciary run the courts. Judges appear to have absolute power in Thai courts as there is no jury. Sometimes there's more than one judge depending on the case from what I've read.

Of course there's always the appeals court if you don't agree with their verdict.

Do we know how many judges were involved in this trial and who they are ? I wonder if information like this published or kept secret ?

The judiciary run the courts. Judges appear to have absolute power in Thai courts as there is no jury. Sometimes there's more than one judge depending on the case from what I've read.

Of course there's always the appeals court if you don't agree with their verdict.

Do we know how many judges were involved in this trial and who they are ? I wonder if information like this published or kept secret ?

Number one problem in the Thai justice system is the inconsistency and questionable unbias and professionalism of the Judicial system once it gets there.... if you think the RTP need an overhaul and bringing into line it is nothing compared to rest of the judicial system.

They basically seem make it up as they go along case by case... no consistency, no logic and no shame.

Looks from the pictures that Yuyee consumed most of her goods herself. Have such an idea that quite some crystal meth was involved as well.

Clueless

And why I'm clueless ?

Those pictures are two times the same lady, but the right one is a shadow of how she looked before. That is what crystal meth does.

That's what 2 years of stress and worry can also do, I've seen thin birds go fat in less time, and it had nothing to do with eating junk food either.

Excuse me, how could anyone in any police station weigh that stuff? Do they have the equipment for that? I don't think so.

Just saying what her husband said.Why shouldn´t they have scales , they arrest hundreds if not thousands of people for drugs every month so they need something to weigh the drugs no ?

it's not final yet. When she starts singing her sentence will magically disappear.

BTW, what about a sting operation of so called Hi-So and CEOs users? After caught buying publish their names (like with Paedophiles) and watch the show how life will be dealing with them.

This will reduce demand by 80% for this narcotic.

Cocaine is not a narcotic.

I am curious.... One wonders if the remarks on this thread would be the same if it was a Nigerian who was caught, and not a Thai lady ?

One suspects if it was a Nigerian one suspects the vast majority of the posters would saying the sentence is correct and doesn't go far enough and Nigerian should be hung drawn and quartered

Edited by Soutpeel