Thai tourism industry leery of 'low-end' Chinese tourists

webfact

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this thread- first the Thais complain about the slow down in (tourist) arrivals, then they become picky about the ones who do arrive :)

Years ago the governments didn't want the low end khao San road white trash, now they have found even worse trash to pick on. The khao San road, fake ID buyers are now welcome, therefore the rich respectable tourists of years gone by are obviously not visiting these days(I wonder why? Fake smiles and ripoffs perhaps).

• Like 2

What an completely obnoxious and arrogant OP, we don't want "these types" of tourist because they don't spend enough money.

Not only that. The OP verifies that racism is alive and well in the LOS.

Thailand: the final destination; for low end nose picking Chinese, poor classless hippies/students, sex pervs, non native speaking English teachers, drunks, various types of criminals including out right idiots, wannabe bar owners, oldies etc.

So it's their money as long as they abide with the Thai law--when in ROME ??do as they do.

Hey and what is the matter with oldies you class them as geriatric ??? What is your classification, I have my own idea thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Thailand: the final destination; for low end nose picking Chinese, poor classless hippies/students, sex pervs, non native speaking English teachers, drunks, various types of criminals including out right idiots, wannabe bar owners, oldies etc.

So it's their money as long as they abide with the Thai law--when in ROME ??do as they do.

Hey and what is the matter with oldies you class them as geriatric ??? What is your classification, I have my own idea thumbsup.gif

Many don't abide with in the Thai law and cause traffic chaos by riding on the wrong side of the road, parking on busy intersections etc. Next useless comment?

Funny that Thais, notoriously among the cheapest of the cheap, are calling other nationalities cheap.

Yeah, 10 to a room, gas stove and all their own food and drinks.

Indeed. Easy to spot the hotel room housing the Thais. 10 pairs of shoes outside the door

• Like 2

At least the toilets make them feel right at home.

1.1321992248.dirty-public-toilet-in-pian

Your post suggests that the photo is of a Thai public toilet which it isn't, it's not even a Chinese one. It would be interesting if you could come up with a photo of a real toilet in Thailand that looked anything like the one you maliciously posted, my money's on your not being able to do so.

• Like 2

Many don't abide with in the Thai law and cause traffic chaos by riding on the wrong side of the road, parking on busy intersections etc. Next useless comment?

Please tell me where you regularly see these foreign motorists driving on the wrong side, parking on intersections ---LOCALS yes. this is traffic.

Now I will agree about uncouth Westerners, beer swillers, roudies, pervs, criminals, outright idiots.

I do not agree with you classifying oldies--backpackers-students--hippies--wanna be bar owners, whats wrong with these ???? What are you then---HI So ??

• Like 1

What is your classification, I have my own idea thumbsup.gif

I am a very wise intelligent sage, and I know that you lack any idea about anything! Don't smile because it makes you look moronic.

What is your classification, I have my own idea thumbsup.gif

I am a very wise intelligent sage, and I know that you lack any idea about anything! Don't smile because it makes you look moronic.

Your post didn't show it at all. by the way you know S#d all about me, I have one of the worlds best sense of humour posts like yours gave me this .

• Like 1

Please tell me where you regularly see these foreign motorists driving on the wrong side, parking on intersections ---LOCALS yes. this is traffic.

Now I will agree about uncouth Westerners, beer swillers, roudies, pervs, criminals, outright idiots.

I do not agree with you classifying oldies--backpackers-students--hippies--wanna be bar owners, whats wrong with these ???? What are you then---HI So ??

Chiangmai has had lots of problems with the Chinese scooter tourists; you know where Chiangmai is even?

What's wrong with loud mouthed, cheap, obnoxious, drunk, demanding assw*pes, you tell me?

I arrived at Phuket airport and was queuing up to go through Immigration and a flight from China had also arrived. There were a group of Chinese ladies in front of me and when the queue I was in looked shorter after a long wait another two ladies who clearly knew the ladies in front of me moved across from their queue and pushed in directly in front of me. Having lived in Phuket for many years I do not treat them like humans, normally I would say something but I was tired and thought probably not wise to start an argument with a group of female tourists just by Immigration but I did stare at them. They realised they were wrong and went back to their queue. In restaurants here they shout at the Thai staff "Menu" they are terrible I joke with the Thais they are the same as Thais and they get all serious. Not all Chinese are bad until I lived in Phuket I did not wonder that they could be so ignorant, but then even in 2014 China has absolutely no animal cruelty legislation and poor human rights so why would more sophisticated tourists want to come and be with them.

• Like 1

I arrived at Phuket airport and was queuing up to go through Immigration and a flight from China had also arrived. There were a group of Chinese ladies in front of me and when the queue I was in looked shorter after a long wait another two ladies who clearly knew the ladies in front of me moved across from their queue and pushed in directly in front of me. Having lived in Phuket for many years I do not treat them like humans, normally I would say something but I was tired and thought probably not wise to start an argument with a group of female tourists just by Immigration but I did stare at them. They realised they were wrong and went back to their queue. In restaurants here they shout at the Thai staff "Menu" they are terrible I joke with the Thais they are the same as Thais and they get all serious. Not all Chinese are bad until I lived in Phuket I did not wonder that they could be so ignorant, but then even in 2014 China has absolutely no animal cruelty legislation and poor human rights so why would more sophisticated tourists want to come and be with them.

As you say, not all Chinese tourists are bad, but it appears that most of the Chinese tourists here on budget tours are uneducated low-class bad-mannered ignorant zombie trash. You'll never see high-class (aka. rich) tourists from China wandering around. They're in 5-star hotels and limos, same as the mega wealthy from elsewhere. But in the last few weeks the majority of tour buses filled with el cheapo Asian tourists have disappeared from the streets of Bangkok and Pattaya - so the political upheaval of the last month has at least one upside :-o

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You would hardly call the hordes of Englush.,Aussie,German etc tourists high end either - tourists come hear because it's cheap!

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Correction, they used to come here. Cheap is not what comes to mind these days. Two-tier pricing system, inflation which has rocketed has meant it has become expensive. I can eat (my own food), drink, and rent a place in Europe far cheaper than say Phuket. I also save on Parks which are free in Europe as with many other attractions. Churches are free (if you visit them), in Thailand the Royal Temple you must pay if your a foreigner (Thais not). Taxis in Phuket are the same prices in Europe, and there are many more examples.

If Thailand wants to attract more tourists (evidently they are not), then you must start changing your policies. Fair price restructuring would be a good start rather than penalizing the foreigners with dual-pricing.

Precisely.

The only end at which Thailand has some pricing advantage is the very top end. Some stunning 5 star beaches and resorts that ae cheaper than the rest of the world.

But then the visitor wants to step outside, and steps into what? A monstrous pothole and a mass of women screaming "hey yuuuu".

Hardly 5 star.

You are soooo right. This is the problem that Thailand has. Sure you can stay at a swank five-star hotel but as soon as you leave it's the same filth everywhere. There is no thought given to constructing buildings that are aesthetically pleasing, keeping trash off the streets, keeping the sides of the roads well-trimmed and tidy, putting in large walking areas for people to relax. It's just not pretty here. Drive from the airport in Phuket to your five start hotel and you see just how far this country needs to go. I don't think they'll ever get it as I've been to many Thai's home and they are not the tidiest of people. That's just not important to them.

• Like 1