List the eyesores and illegal actions here

steelepulse

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Illegal dump site, leftside going into Nai Harn Beach. This one drives me nuts, free-for-all dumping ground

Wednesday I saw a toxic waste truck white plate 80-8085 dumping black sludge. All workers wearing facemasks to keep from breathing. Next day backhoe came in and turned it all over. Maybe if someone has link to Rawai Orbojor they can forward.

attachicon.gifIllegal dumpsite.jpg

attachicon.gifDumpsite trash.jpg

Here is the black sludge having been mixed into the soil by backhoe.

attachicon.gifBlack sludge mixed in.jpg

Yes this one pisses me off. Right next to the lake and beach. Unbelievable.

Do you have a photo of the truck GOM? They wont do anything without it.

This is a garbage fire at a new worker's camp about 100 meters up wind. attachicon.gifTrash 1.JPG

Had this horror going late this afternoon, attachicon.gifTrash 2.JPG

knowing the entire valley would be dioxinated by morning I went to the police . They actually went and told the manager to put it out- then left.

So for about 10 minutes workers used buckets and a 1/2 inch hose ... attachicon.gifPissing.JPG

Which had the effect of making more smoke

attachicon.gifTrash 5.JPG We are choking as I write,

Not the first time either- remains from prior fires attachicon.giftrash 4.JPG

The burning of rubbish like this is a health risk to all. Years ago in Australia nearly all back yards had an incinerator for waste disposal, agree not the best method. this was before the prevalence of plastic packaging, anyway we knew how the burn waste with a roaring fire to incinerate it fast and with the minimum of smoke. It seems here there is a competition to see who can keep a smoldering toxic haze of smoke going for the longest. Crack down please.

Building and household waste still being tipped around the once lovely sois of Sai Yuan. Someone placed handwritten placards threatening a 2000 fine. With no one there to enforce it. Shameful.

Plenty of public transport here you just have to stand at the side of the road and wave it down

Not much public transport at night like a lot of other countries,even taxi's do not like picking up

drunks at night and are not required to in most countries

The restaurant built on the rocks at the south end of Nai Harn beach is being removed at long

last had a look today, i wonder if anyone has to give money back

Plenty of public transport here you just have to stand at the side of the road and wave it down

Not much public transport at night like a lot of other countries,even taxi's do not like picking up

The restaurant built on the rocks at the south end of Nai Harn beach is being removed at long

Only good if you are going to, or from Phuket Town.

As most tourists go to the beach and there is no public transport beach to beach, then it ain't much use. Certainly if you want to take less than two hours one way.

Only good if you are going to, or from Phuket Town.

As most tourists go to the beach and there is no public transport beach to beach, then it ain't much use. Certainly if you want to take less than two hours one way.

Most tourists stop in resorts with their own swimming pools and a lot of these resorts are on the beach thumbsup.gif

It might surprise you how many tourists use the public transport to go to phuket town not to the beach

as they are in walking distance of the beach

Even a lot of guest houses and backpackers accomadation is in easy walking distance to the beach

most tourists are happy to go to their local beach and be able to use their hotel facilities and do not

want to travel to other beaches and are not worried by the cost of private transport if going to other beaches coffee1.gif

Edited by nedkellylives

Generally all the klongs and waterways in Thailand are eyesores.

ALL - in the whole of Thailand? Really? ollinki - you are usually not one of the crazy ones... There are lovely klongs all over Thailand.

gh6_zps0b887a4a.jpg

Edited by mikebike

^^^ I might have overgeneralized, but still most of the klongs are dirty, smell bad and overall not the beautiful and natural veins of the cities.

I'm comparing the klongs to some other places, where it's more custom to install restaurants next to the waterways where to enjoy the water scenes. Here it's rarity unfortunately.

I'm learning to kitesurf in Nai Yang. I was there on Sunday and the amount of plastic bags and rubbish that got tangled in the lines while launching the kite was shocking.

I'm told it gets worse as the wet season progresses, as stuff further out to sea comes ashore.

Phuket is a lovely place...so sad!

angry.gif.pagespeed.ce.l3zkt7JShR.gif

i wonder if anyone has to give money back. Wow Cant get my security back on a rented room. Giving money back is generally not on the agenda in the LOS.

Pleased to hear that eyesore at NH is going.

Edited by Oziex1

Any plans to repair the hole in the sea wall at Rawai beach, where the seafood restaurants have reclaimed the lost pavement by building a wooden platform. Ugly and unsafe, been in that condition for a few years now.

Any plans to repair the hole in the sea wall at Rawai beach, where the seafood restaurants have reclaimed the lost pavement by building a wooden platform. Ugly and unsafe, been in that condition for a few years now.

Oziex1, you can ping the general and let him know as he says he is open to being informed of illegal activities.

Major General Praveen Pongsirin 081 8936083.

Oziex1, you can ping the general and let him know as he says he is open to being informed of illegal activities.

Major General Praveen Pongsirin 081 8936083.

Thanks Steele, don't think it is illegal what the restaurant people have done, doesn't look too good and I'm sure the sea wall repair is the responsibility of the Rawai city council or whatever they call themselves.

This is the opposite, eyesore removed.

Eyesore RIP Villas signs that used to line the road on the way to Nai Harn, 8-10 of the same in a row, have been replaced by nice alternating Thai flags and yellow flags.

post-92090-0-46071600-1403925565_thumb.j

And the RIP Villas signs................well..........RIP Villa signs crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

post-92090-0-97089400-1403925689_thumb.j

Eyesore RIP Villas signs that used to line the road on the way to Nai Harn, 8-10 of the same in a row, have been replaced by nice alternating Thai flags and yellow flags.

attachicon.gifRIP Villas signs gone.jpg

And the RIP Villas signs................well..........RIP Villa signs crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

attachicon.gifRIP Villas signs RIP.jpg

Why no red flags? :)

Was the name of it RIP Villas, seriously ? Unbelievable if it was.... And RIP :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Was the name of it RIP Villas, seriously ? Unbelievable if it was.... And RIP sad.png

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The name is VIP Villa's, but on passing of the signs it really looked like it said 'RIP'.

• Like 1

This youtube gem was posted last week on PG forum

A Surin beach club burying ...something in the sand

I suspect that the many new fly tipping sites around Phuket can be directly linked to the cleanup of Surin beach.

You can't bury everything on the beach. But you can drive to a secluded road at night and dump it in the forest.

• 2 weeks later...

A few trashy photos

Photos No. 3 and 4 look worse than The Ganges River in India.

Don't think there will be any bodies floating around here.

Nothing sacred about this place either, except to the people who have fleeced it for all it is worth.

• Like 1

A few trashy photos

Photos No. 3 and 4 look worse than The Ganges River in India.

Don't think there will be any bodies floating around here.

:)

The water is probably that toxic it disolves the bodies in no time.

There may even be the remains of a few cars in there as well. :)