Postal problems? package not delivered in a month.

jaideeguy

A package, or rather large padded envelope with a small electronic device was mailed to me over a month ago and still not delivered. It was a magicjack voip device. Could it be held by the military?? customs?? or is it just inefficiency by the post??

Anyone else experiencing delays or non delivery of items sent from abroad??

Lesson learned..............register all packages.

You cannot rely on the Thai postal system, there have been many threads about this.

After more than half a year, I finally received a package with mixed low value goods from the US. It was damaged, dusty, moist and smelly, like it had been laying around for a long time in a forgotten corner of a storage facility.

Another problem is that the job of mail delivery person is not a popular one, difficult for them to find staff, and if they manage to fill the vacancy it is often with someone whose work ethics are none too high.

Like right now where i am living, I am invariably receiving bills way past the due date.

my package from UK was turned back by customs, no problems last 3 years, DHL reason insufficient paper work from recipient. I ordered off internet, CN22 was filled in etc, what paperwork is there from ordering from internet, i gave order number. DHL said many problems since new regime came in.

If it isnt registered it doesnt exist. (that's my theory)

Always get a "signed for" service as someone is accountable if it goes astray.

Even that is no guarantee. Never had problems with post when living in Bangkok, continually have problems since living in Eastern Thailand, our local PO is known for losing items, or slapping on charges

Never have any problem

Everything I ordered areived in Thailand

Within 2 week , and one month with dhl

But you are a legend in your province of Sandmanburi Edited by mrtoad

my package from UK was turned back by customs, no problems last 3 years, DHL reason insufficient paper work from recipient. I ordered off internet, CN22 was filled in etc, what paperwork is there from ordering from internet, i gave order number. DHL said many problems since new regime came in.

Well that sounds like a DHL problem......

I had recently several shipments with "insufficient" paperwork. And customs than request all kind of documents but never turned it back.

Did you put in the number on the webpage? It frequently happens that the call center tells nonsense.....

If it is sent EMS within Thailand, the service is amazing. Next day delivery to many areas, for a few dollars. I consider the Thai post to be very good. But. regular mail is slow. And parcels sent normal parcel post from another country can be held up for a long time.

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

1 month late. I would go to the local post office (the one with the postcode on the missing package) and speak to the postmaster.

Last time I did this he invited me into the store room where I was amazed at the amount of parcels and letters which had been mis-addressed or the address label obscured/damaged. Unfortunately, mine was not there.

Another time the postmaster got on the phone to our local postie who, by complete coincidence, had my parcel in his bag and would be delivering it that afternoon. whistling.gif

If you mail regular mail from the USA and not register good luck

Actually the luck you need is getting some in the USA to actually be able to read Thailand. My least letter mailed from Dallas ended up in Jamaica according the the missent stamp. Took two months to get here. Previous letter from Dallas took 10 months. I get normal insurance letters from other locations in US in timely (6 days to 2 weeks) manner.

Another time it took more than a week for delivery of EMS letter after receipt by Colorado postal service. ((and that was before they made grass legal))

Have nothing but praise for Thai Postal Service.

I have an eBay purchase via USPS International Priority (tracked) to Pattaya that shows it left Miami almost 2 months ago... given up hope on that one.

The same (replacement) package via USPS International Priority (tracked) to the UK took just under a month.

The shipper did say that USPS has it's head up it's arse... but I knew that already.

If it isnt registered it doesnt exist. (that's my theory)

Always get a "signed for" service as someone is accountable if it goes astray.

Years ago I had something sent from Australia, never turned up, it was unregistered. Went into see the post master at Chaengwattana and when I mentioned my parcel went missing, never arrived, he enquired where had it been sent from, I said "Australia". He looked me square in they eye and said, "That the problem, Australia Post no good.". AND HE WAS SERIOUS too. 55555

Well farrrrrrk me, I just burst out laughing......he was good real good this guy, but for some reason I just didn't buy the 'story'.....call me suspicious and all that.

Anyway, next item arrived, registered. Simples.

yesterdays blatant delivery by the postman.scb.bank sent my wife forms and details of applying for a platinum visa card which she hadn't asked for.the envelope was showing the visa card on the front and it looked as if a card was inside.i saw the postman put it in the box and off he drove[on his bike] when I retrieved the post the envelope had been ripped open both sides of a bit of sticky tape.

we shall be waiting for him the next time he calls and ask him for an exclamation as to why he delivered it when clearly some twit had opened it,and we wasn't informed.as for reporting it to the sorting office DONT WASTE YOUR BREATH.