Chairpersons of MRTA and EGAT boards resign to make way for reform

webfact

Chairpersons of MRTA and EGAT boards resign to make way for reform

BANGKOK, 20 June 2014 (NNT) – The chairpersons of the Mass Rapid Transit Authority and Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand have submitted their resignation letters, becoming the latest heads of state enterprises' boards of directors give notice to pave the way for the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) to carry out reform of the organizations.

Ratchani Triphiphatkun, the Mass Rapid Transit Authority (MRTA) board's chairperson, announced her resignation at Thursday's meeting of the board, and asked the board to continue the work in progress on the purple line (Bang Yai to Bang Sue) electric train and have it completed within 2015.

Meanwhile, Anchali Chawanit, the chairperson of the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) board of directors, submitted her resignation letter on Wednesday, telling the media that she made the decision to facilitate the NCPO's system-wide reform on the energy sector. She also emphasized her decision was not made under pressure from any particular party.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-06-20 footer_n.gif

........OR they resigned because of fear of being investigated near the same as all the others that have resigned. Cowards.thumbsup.gif

As in, thrown in a jail because someone says they are guilty ?

Someone ???

It is perfectly clear that many bosses of many Thai companies are resigning very quickly, either through personal choice or forceful recommendation...

It is also perfectly clear why!

They have amassed peronal fortunes via graft and politically based abuse of colleagues/investors.

I hope this clean up is log lasting, and laws are implemented to sustain such.

• Like 1

If they are not comfortable, they have the right to resign. Why should they tolerate it?

At the peak of their profession , doing everything according to their job description, getting fabulous reports on performance, why would they feel uncomfortable ??

Tolerate what ??

Your doing great at your job you get a new boss, he would be more than happy to retain you, why jump overboard ?? afraid of what if your innocent.

Am I reading this right--you are not in favour along with these board members because it is not in there agenda to work under scrutiny ??

• Like 1

It comes to mind that indeed these characters who appear to be at the top of the tree are resigning due to the possible upcoming exposure of unethical professional conduct.Said unpleasant facts being revealed concerning remuneration bonus payments and ''commissions'' etc received for projects and activities pertinent to the company or organisations activities they headed.

You do not run unless you have something to fear, it's not a political witch hunt. No, in my opinion there is an undercurrent of fear due to the truth emerging, nothing more nothing less. Change of administration and indeed ones protection is at risk if not actually gone.

Isn't strange how we seem to hear or read nothing in the freely available online news media from Thaksin Shinwatra and and his buddy robber Robert Amsterdam concerning these events. Ah well that inaction just confirms that "Pawns were made to sacrifice.''

• Like 2

What would be good to see is the Assets Commission investigating every one of these individuals who have suddenly decided to bail out. That would be interesting.

They are both part of the new 56 state organization probes.

They are resigning obviously sorting out all their crap, hiding masses of money and ready to flee.

They should extend this to EVERY PTP politician also.

Really the Junta needs to see this through to the end before even starting the reforms, because the knowledge they will gain from investigating the corrup will be a solid basis to work off, closing each and ever loophole along the way.

It could take years, but at least we will have years of zero corruption. But they HAVE TO start making extreme examples of people and handing down huge fast tracked prison sentences and complete asset seizures and full family wealth checks since they gained their position.

What was the wealth track record of every family member before and after they gained their position..... Look for unusual wealth increases to coincide with their time in office, make an investigation of that family member also, find out where the money come from... If it is linked to providing services to that particular ministry business... seize the lot and all their assets too.

No pressure from any political wing ??

Resign to make way for reforms ?? why,?? would they be obstructing reforms if they did not resign ??

If they were brilliant in their capacity they would be retained surely, no one would expect them to go.

Looks like they were reluctant to want reforms to me....................OR they resigned because of fear of being investigated near the same as all the others that have resigned. Cowards.thumbsup.gif

I think they all have some pretty substantial skeletons in the closet, and it has become quite clear to them that the military is not holding back from investigating absolutely anyone. Go now, and establish a safe haven overseas, before you are required to show all your assets ... and how you got them...!! But then, of course, make sure your safe haven is safe from extradition procedures...!!

• Like 1

What would be good to see is the Assets Commission investigating every one of these individuals who have suddenly decided to bail out. That would be interesting.

They are both part of the new 56 state organization probes.

They are resigning obviously sorting out all their crap, hiding masses of money and ready to flee.

They should extend this to EVERY PTP politician also.

Really the Junta needs to see this through to the end before even starting the reforms, because the knowledge they will gain from investigating the corrup will be a solid basis to work off, closing each and ever loophole along the way.

It could take years, but at least we will have years of zero corruption. But they HAVE TO start making extreme examples of people and handing down huge fast tracked prison sentences and complete asset seizures and full family wealth checks since they gained their position.

What was the wealth track record of every family member before and after they gained their position..... Look for unusual wealth increases to coincide with their time in office, make an investigation of that family member also, find out where the money come from... If it is linked to providing services to that particular ministry business... seize the lot and all their assets too.

They should extend this to EVERY PTP politician also. Don't let your political bias show too much. Why limit it to PTP? Why not include the Dems, and others as well. Let's face it, I think a good exam of Suthep's records would reveal a lot of things. Such as how he was able to buy property worth millions of baht at a time when his accounts were frozen?

But let's not concentrate just on politicians. I think an exam of finances of every cop and every military officer with the rank of Lt Co. and above should be examined. As someone here said a week or so ago, Phuket had a meeting of Ferrari owners, and many of them were cops. Please tell me how a cop of ANY rank, can afford a Ferrari?

Corruption is endemic in Thailand, and hardly limited to just one political party. Politicians, military, cops, businesses, even school administrators.

Whilst I fully agree that no political party should be exempt from scrutiny, I think that thumper101 was making a fair comment, and not demonstrating any particular bias, in demanding that they should start by examining the assets of the outgoing government.

The Democrats did not have access to the state coffers over the past three years, and I, along with many others, so it would appear, believe that the auditors are going to find that around 2 trillion Baht has been either wasted or is left unaccounted for.

If scrutiny of the PTP members' assets show that they have become "unusually wealthy" over the past three years, and they are unable to provide plausible justification for such wealth, then those assets should be sequestrated and the individuals concerned should spend some time behind bars so that a clear message is sent out to the rest of Thailand that the days of acquiescence to overt corruption are now over.

I would love to see a poll on attitudes towards corruption carried out again, similar to the one that was undertaken two years ago. I would suggest that the 45% of people who felt that corruption was acceptable two years ago may well have changed their tune now ...!!

........OR they resigned because of fear of being investigated near the same as all the others that have resigned. Cowards.thumbsup.gif

Come, come now. Even in Thailand, people don't go to jail just because someone "says" they are guilty.

If that was the case, how do you explain all those successful libel and slander suits...?!

It is perfectly clear that many bosses of many Thai companies are resigning very quickly, either through personal choice or forceful recommendation...

They have amassed peronal fortunes via graft and politically based abuse of colleagues/investors.

Really? You know this for a fact then do you? Can you predict the next lot of National Lottery numbers too please? wai.gif

Assumption is the mother of all F*** Ups !! ;)

If they are not comfortable, they have the right to resign. Why should they tolerate it?

At the peak of their profession , doing everything according to their job description, getting fabulous reports on performance, why would they feel uncomfortable ??

Tolerate what ??

Your doing great at your job you get a new boss, he would be more than happy to retain you, why jump overboard ?? afraid of what if your innocent.

Am I reading this right--you are not in favour along with these board members because it is not in there agenda to work under scrutiny ??

One suspects they are bailing because they have had their hands in till and with the new boss in town, who seems pretty serious about "cleaning up" Thailand only a matter of time before the heads of these companies are caught out

They might have been offered a get out of jail free card.

jb1

You might also want to consider that they just may not like working under the Junta.

I have know senior people who were excellent at their jobs, had a great rapport with their subordinates, and clients alike, and were looked upon as "good blokes" to have suddenly resigned due to boardroom changes above their pay grades and having to work for complete tossers, with limited experience who were put into these senior positions not through merit, but through ass kissing and nepotism.

• Like 1

Really? You know this for a fact then do you? Can you predict the next lot of National Lottery numbers too please? wai.gif

Assumption is the mother of all F*** Ups !! wink.png

What does predicting lottery numebrs have to do with knowing, yes knowing, the way things are run within all companies, be they large or small, in this country?

Not assumption whatsoever... but knowns. If you don't agree then you, I would ASSUME, turn a blind eye to truth.

Riiight!! So you are in possession of all their personal accounts then and are able to deduct they've been amassed personal fortunes then through graft and through abuse of investors and colleagues?

So in other words, you're making accusations, that may or may not have merit, isn't that classed as being defamatory?

If I accused you of such, or any other forum member, or participating in graft, human trafficking, abuse of power, conducting illegal activiiies, I'd be banned within a heart beat..

You have these people guilty without proof, which is a very nasty trend on TVF. At the moment it's very difficult for many people to speak out against many things they see as wrong, due to the current policy of not being critical of the coup, or the Military, as much as the General is doing some great things, the Army above all need to be 110% transparent, you think it's never been guilty of everything these Directors have allegedly been doing?

TVF at the moment is very one sided, which is a shame, but understandable they need to look after their own "interests" and follow the rules and laws recently applied. However, there's quite a lot of stuff that can be read outside of TVF, to balance things up, it's not all sweetness and roses if all you're allowed to print is the positives, and never any negatives.

The other part of my post you deleted, as it went against your agenda. Pathetic reply with the emphasis on someone else rather than why.