Car left unregistered for 6 months

samran

No guarantees but I have been told you just have to have book, get por ror bor, pay one baht a month fine and no problems.

Agreed, except the 'fine' is 1% of the tax per month. ( in Rayong I have been charged the 1% even when 2 days late )

• Like 1

Unless the vehicle is on a red plate it is registered already i.e. has a registration book ?

If you are talking about the Road Tax then take the registration book and CTPL to your local vehicle office and they will sort out for you

Thanks for the reassurance everyone.

Just done after looking at the sticker reading January and thinking it was June.

Paid 1400 baht including a 70 baht fine for being late, all done at the drive through service. God I love Thailand.

Just done after looking at the sticker reading January and thinking it was June.

Paid 1400 baht including a 70 baht fine for being late, all done at the drive through service. God I love Thailand.

And you did not even have to use your driver's licence to drive the unlicenced car through the drive through.smile.png

And you did not even have to use your driver's licence to drive the unlicenced car through the drive through.smile.png

Funny thing was, in the past 6 months we've been all over the place in the car - down to Hua Hin a few times, Rayong and we run it daily all across Bangkok. Never pulled over, never even a roadblock.

Today, after paying the tax, I jump back on Vibavadee-Rangsit back towards Din Daeng and there was about 8 or 9 coppers pulling over people on the highway. Drove straight through!

Funny thing was, in the past 6 months we've been all over the place in the car - down to Hua Hin a few times, Rayong and we run it daily all across Bangkok. Never pulled over, never even a roadblock.

Today, after paying the tax, I jump back on Vibavadee-Rangsit back towards Din Daeng and there was about 8 or 9 coppers pulling over people on the highway. Drove straight through!

Might want to check if there is a Buddha sat on your roof.... ;-)

• Like 1