Thai International

Rinrada

Health and Safety Issues..

I am amazed that they would question the "System" but as top notch internationally trained professional pilots there must be some concerns and questions to be considered.

Thirty-eight pilots of Thai Airways International have raised complaints that some of Thailand's domestic airports do not meet international aviation standards.

Question-

Do they meet International Standards -YES/NO?

They claim runways at the north's Mae Hongsorn airport are too short-They want longer runways?

Krabi airport is allegedly obstructed by tall rubber trees.-Makes for soft landings.

Nakornsritamarat airport's runways,desperately needs repair.

Question True/False?

All three of the airports serve as the country's tourism with hundreds of thousands of arrivals each year.

Preliminary results show that, although some minor repairs may be needed, all three locations pass aviation standards.

-Minor repairs may be needed ?

-What- Holes in Runways?

-No landing Lights ?

-No ILS-Radar-IFF-A/C-Som Tam buffet on arrival?

I can only assume all of the other Airports in LOS both International and Domestic are CERTIFIED to International Standards ..or are they?

The 38 pilots have since been either suspended or fined.

-Health and Safety Issue "SOLVED"

Now happy to fly Thai?

???

Indeed Yes but what is the insinuation/blame/ reason D"etre..

Loss of Tourism..

SARS..

Want more Dosh

Too much San Thip...

Quote-

Authorities claim the airports are checked regularly and suggest the pilots' complaints are politically motivated.

These Pilots are the real Ambassadors of the country who because of the nature of their job communicate,interact,travel

and are more aware of the "Big Picture" worldwide than most local village Aparachiks could ever imagine and yet the suggestion is that they are ...what??..."politically motivated "

The questions have been raised ..K-T-S-S.

Do ALL Thai Airports comply with International Avation Health and Safety Standards-Yes or No.

:blues:

this issue with thai and their pilots has interested me too...as a regular travelor and user of the various domestic airports around the Kingdom.  i believe the issue originally arose about a month or so ago...so it is not new.  

i don't know about mae hong son and nakorn thithamarrat, but i recall reading one comment that Silk Air does fly into krabi so the commentator assumes it is safe.  this is because silk is a subsidiary of singapore airline (basically short-haul inter-asia flights) and if they deem it safe to fly into krabi then it must be.  i concur...i think it unlikely sing/silk would use krabi if their safety experts or pilots thought it unsafe.

now if we only knew about the other sunambins???