Marriage extension application

Just want to check, please. Next week I will apply for a one year extension based on my marriage.

I have copied last years successful application documents, will provide new ones where required from last year so theoretically I should be OK. i have never seen any changes to the required documents but would like my understanding confirmed?

I always take the originals with me if they need to see any..

A friend of mine just did his yesterday in Pattaya / Jomtien Immigration

He needed the following

1) Copy Passport
a. Face Page
b. Current Visa Non – O
c. Current Extension of Stay
d. Old Extensions of Stay
e. TM Departure Card
2) Copy Marriage Certificate (Khor Ror 3)
3) Marriage Certification (Khor Ror 2) New Copy from Amphur Banglamung
4) Tabien Baan Wife
5) ID Card Wife
6) Family Photos (with house number clearly visible)
8) Map to his Condo
9) Condo Ownership papers
a. Chanote
b. Bai Sanya Su Krai (Piece of paper attached to Chanote)
10) Copy Electricity Bill
11) Bank Book > 400.000 (Has to be in the account for more then 90 Days)
a. Bank Letter Savings Account (obtained the same day as he did his extension)
b. Copy First Page Bankbook (Name)
c. Copy Page before Last Bankbook
d. Copy Last Page Bankbook (which has entries)
12) TM 7 Immigration Form (2 Copies)
13) Photo Size 4x6 (2 x)
Everything Double Copy

Good Luck

Edited by MJCM

If you are submitting the same documents as last year you should not have a problem. But the immigration office you go to could ask for something that they did not want before.

There have been no nationwide changes.

Yes indeed. I just searched for updated information with CW and everything seems to be hunky dory except for my slip up I explained on another thread. In one of my accounts the added interest has virtually corrected it. One captain remembers us quite well so I will go with everything crossed that the one we get will accept it.

Just to report that yesterday I applied for the extension based on having my Thai wife. All my documents were carefully checked by me as normal and signed. I remembered the Officer's face from last years visit, not the same person, who looked at everything very carefully. She asked for last years copy of the tabian baan, oops, I threw it away when I inserted a new one to avoid confusing myself, then she checked two bank books which were updated the same day dowstairs at my Bank, noticing I am sure my small slip-up reported previously without any comment, took my money for the application and stamped my passport accordingly to come for the result in July. I had never seen this Captain previously. She asked to see the wedding certificate and original tabian baan and for some reason a copy of last years savings account transactions.

Oh dear, I have never been asked for the original tabian baan in many years of extensions so didn't take it.

Hence, today, my wife returned with the documents and signed copies that she had required.

The whole process was completed very quickly and efficiently with a much greater emphasis on the tabian baan for some unknown reason. Only one copy of the application is required at CW but I normally have a complete copy for my records plus of course the originals should they ask to see any.