Honda Click jerking when accelerating

Nayet

I took my Click to the shop shortly after I bought it (used, a 2013 model) and told them about the problem, and when I got it back, it accelerated perfectly smoothly. I would have liked to ask what they did to it, but communication difficulties precluded that.

After about a week, it gradually started jerking again when accelerating from a standstill, and now - a couple months later - I still haven't had time to do anything about it. It gets smoother after a few minutes of operation, but it it would be nice to get rid of altogether.

Does anyone know what the problem is, and how to address it? Is this a common problem and just something I should try to ignore? I'd be prepared to change out some major parts if needed.

Fuel filter?

Since it's only jerking the first few seconds as it takes off from a standstill, I believe the transmission must be culprit. I believe the fuel filter would only affect how smoothly the actual engine operates?

Usually it is dust in the clutch but as you had it at the dealers recently, there maybe a question. Do you ever run it at speed or do you ride around a lot in traffic? Give it a good run somewhere and see.

pretty sure the culprit will be Auto trans (oil level low). Warming up the bike gets the flow going with the heat. there may be a blockage in there. Does it do the jerking even when starting hot?

Oz

Pardon my ignorance, but are you referring to the motor oil? Yes, it does not jerk when starting hot, but the dealer changed the oil recently, and things did not improve. Assuming it's blockage, how would I deal with that?

Usually it is dust in the clutch but as you had it at the dealers recently, there maybe a question. Do you ever run it at speed or do you ride around a lot in traffic? Give it a good run somewhere and see.

I ride mostly in city traffic, but even in Bangkok, I sometimes reach speeds of around 80 - 90 km/h. However, I don't quite understand what that is going to tell me?

if it experiences the same symptoms hot or cold I would say the start clutch or drive belts are slipping, when the slip happens does the engine rpm rise? When you slow back down after taking a ride or stop at a light, does it re-occur at low speeds? You have some adjustment to these belts, but if they are done then they are replaceable. If you can be a little more specific then it makes it easier to give you a guide as to where to look and what to do. The devil is in the details.

Oz

My PCX150 with auto belt drive has done this almost since new. On occasions the dealer has blown the dust out of the clutch and belt drive and it is good for a month or two only to return later. I have read of a lot of owners having this same problem and Honda seem to have no answer to it. I might add I do not drive fast, seldom over 80 but I do accelerate hard, I am usually half way to the next set of lights while everyone else is still asleep.

My PCX150 with auto belt drive has done this almost since new. On occasions the dealer has blown the dust out of the clutch and belt drive and it is good for a month or two only to return later. I have read of a lot of owners having this same problem and Honda seem to have no answer to it. I might add I do not drive fast, seldom over 80 but I do accelerate hard, I am usually half way to the next set of lights while everyone else is still asleep.

I should have added to the above post that after about one kilometer it is as smooth as silk, so warming up the belt seems to cure the problem. There is no oil in this type of drive.

if it experiences the same symptoms hot or cold I would say the start clutch or drive belts are slipping, when the slip happens does the engine rpm rise? When you slow back down after taking a ride or stop at a light, does it re-occur at low speeds? You have some adjustment to these belts, but if they are done then they are replaceable. If you can be a little more specific then it makes it easier to give you a guide as to where to look and what to do. The devil is in the details.

Oz

Sorry for being unclear. It only happens at low speeds / starting from a standstill during the first few minutes before the thing gets warmed up. The problem goes away after a few minutes of operation. The rpm does not spike, because the jerking motions are so small that I wouldn't even call it slippage. It's actually more like the bike is shaking.

Judging by Paulchiangmai's comments, it is something I'll just have to live with. No big deal, but it was nice when it wasn't there. Oh well. Thanks anyway for for your input.

My click is doing that already since new, searched the net and asked the dealers and it seems to me more like a 'honda' or a 'click' problem. Just read the first time a out pcx above.

Never bothered to fix it though, doesn't seem to do much harm but you have to think about it when pulling in front of someone with a cold engine.

Its the clutch face getting worn and slippery. I think it wears uneven. What you can do is hold the brake and rev it to around 3000 rpm once or twice. Problem should go away for a few days or a week but will return. I think the only answer may be a new clutch or parts therof.

I agree, if you get no spike in rpm, then it will be the clutch plate uneven wear, dirt etc causing poor (intermittent) contact. This is an assumption of course, but if it is a common issue, then it would seem that the 'dust' from the clutch plate s not being removed or gets back onto the plate again. Cleaning it out, means you have a smooth ride till it builds up again. You replace it, then you just start again, bit nasty. If you are ever going to have it fixed, I would make sure you have checked if the part number has changed, Honda may very well have made an improved part for it, better material etc. or you can sub another models part Airblade etc,

Oz