Coin Exchanging in Thailand

jackoholly

Hi guys

This is probably a weird one but I'm finding myself bringing pocketfuls of Thai Baht coins home with me everyday. They're going into a pot but that's filled up pretty fast.

Does anyone know a place I can get these exchanged for it's wonderful paper kind? Don't particularly want to go into a bank and embarrass myself.

Thanks a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The pennies do indeed add up. I mean back in the UK the banks would provide you with bags detailing the number of each denomination of coin allowed in a single bag. Do the banks do the same here?

The orphanage does seem like a pretty cool idea though.

All our coins going into piggy banks for the kids. Last time we went to the bank, we got like 6 k that went into the kids savings. Unfortunately Banks don't like that sort of coin deposit. I think we got charged 5% for troubling them....

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The pennies do indeed add up. I mean back in the UK the banks would provide you with bags detailing the number of each denomination of coin allowed in a single bag. Do the banks do the same here?

The orphanage does seem like a pretty cool idea though.

In Austria you walk in with a big bag of coins they put it in the machine and you walk out of the bank 5 min later.

In Thailand they had us to count them, and make rolls of 10 each to accept it once.

I think a other bank just took the bag and counted them.