DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET

Neeranam

For two days I've had this error message when trying to use chrome or I.E. This is on my PC and laptop.

But things work ok like Skype and other things from the windows8 main menu.

My ipad is working ok on wifi as is my phone and my kids devices.

Im confused. This happened after a guy came to fix my cctv cameras.

Any ideas as what to do?

Neeranam, what is it that you are trying to do?

If you are changing/updating the DNS on your router and you want all your devices to use those settings then you'll need to set them each to use DHCP. You would also need to check that each device is using the default automatic settings (not manually setting the DNS servers).

If you use STATIC IP addresses on a device it will use settings independent of the router. If you want a device to have a permanent IP address, the alternative on many routers is to use a DHCP Binding/Reserve client table to associate MAC addresses to reserved IP addresses. Those IP addresses will then be reserved only for those devices.

I think MJCM wanted you to verify that your PC Proxy settings hadn't been fiddled with.

I am trying to get my new laptop computer to work with the internet.

My PC is now working as the internet guy came round and fixed it. Unfortunately, I was out with my laptop.

Also my Samsung Galaxy phone can't use the wifi but my daughter and my wife can use their samsung galaxies. S2 and S3.

The ipad works fine.

I tried to put the IP address the Ipad was showing into my laptop but still didn't work. But Pokerstars and Skype are working fine! So some internet is getting to it.

The last error on laptop said " the dns server isn't responding".

I can use the laptop through my phone as a hotspot. But with the wifi I cant use IE,firefox or chrome.

Edited by Neeranam

Search for the program Dnsjumper, download that and reset / flush your Dns.

You can also do this with Ccleaner however Dnsjumper lets you easily change your Dns servers.

Ps: Checked your Proxy server settings in your browser already ?

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

Edited by MJCM

I already flushed it once and tried to use google dns but that never worked.

I'll try to use that progrm through my hotspot, thanks.

Oh, what dns do I use? Or can I leave it at find automatically?

And why are some applications working?

Edited by Neeranam

Maybe a good idea to remove the network stack and reinstall it ?

Just a suggestion though if everything else fails.

Dnsjumper will show your current dns server and you can select the fastest one in your case, however I find that for me the TOT dns servers work beter then the 3BB servers even when I use my 3BB line.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

If it was mine i would assume the issue is with your modem. I would do a complete reset assuming you know how to re-enter your password.

No I don't know - I'll try to get the guy to come round again. Spent what seems like all weekend trying to fix it

Neeranam,

If you do a quick-tap on the SSID WiFi Name, does it display...

Signal Strength: Good

Link speed: xx Mbps

Security: WPA/WPA2 PSK

IP address: 192.168.x.x

If so, can you open a browser and type in 192.168.1.1 (<-- replace with the actual address of your router/gateway) Should display your router login

You could also try 173.194.126.127 the google.co.th search page

I want to see if it works with IP addresses. Could be a problem with DNS number setting in your router (so url names fail to be resolved to IP numbers)