Why have all my Thai girlfriends been so amicable then?

obviously written by a village idiot with strong narcissistic tendencies. i mean who in their right mind would advise looking for a partner in soi six and then have the audacity to suggest that those that couldn't make it work are idiots. hahahahahaaaaa

Edited by jonesthebaker

The problem is finding a 'special' bar girl.

My friends have had a great deal of luck in Soi 6.

That was written with a hint of sarcasm.

But my friends married with bargirls or who were married with bar girls 'truly' believe/ believed they are / were 'special'.

And in some cases it has 'so far' worked out.

The 2 who have nearly completed 10 years were not pussy whipped door mat types though!

Never really had any problems apart from one girl, on returning home found she had run off with my satallite dish, and all my bob Marley cd's,, ahh we'll, no woman, no sky..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

OP, you are a good catch.

Good in paying the girls, good in caring about them, good in being truthful to them.

This is what Thai girls, and girls all over the world need, and you are a good provider.

The only thing, be aware that someday a girl, more clever than you, will take you to the cleaners, as they did with many others.

Hope that never happens to you.

Thank you for your kind words.

Its a chauvinistic culture designed by men for me.

How can you lose?

I never hope.

I plan.

Most guys don't plan ahead.

That's why they don't have private medical insurance or a private pension plan.

Bare in mind if your the same age and share the same culture,a relationship only has a 50% chance of working out anyway.

A 25 year age gap, her dubious occupation, cultural differences, an enforced educationally backward understanding of how the real world works.

Your chances of it working longer than 5 years are very low giving it 'your' very best shot.( I'm including buying a house in 'her' name!)

Holding a relationship together is hard work. Something the Thais are not well known for.

If you have a successful happy relationship for 10 years in Thailand with any women, any age, from any occupation.

I'd politely suggest you have had a fair crack of the whip and you should of have had your moneys worth!

​A plan in case the relationship fails is practical and prudent.

I'm asked often,how I managed to retire so young in Thailand.

​My answer is I've never paid for a divorce.

I watch as the guy works out how long he could live in Thailand on his wife's share of the settlement and then it dawns on him!

'Ave a great weekend.

+1 and cheesy.gif

Agree - I thought OP had an entirely sane outlook on how to get the most out of life in Thailand. Then we get the bit that presumes we all understand the world of Pattaya (i assume he is talking soi 6 Pattaya) and worse that we all are short-time aficionados. Rapid descent from the philosophical to the sewer. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1