How to stop unwanted SMS

kwonitoy

I've got a Samsung S4 with AIS being my provider.

I get about 10+ SMS messages a day from MusicLoad, it also goes to my Outlook mail.

How can I stop this and other unwanted SMS messages?

I've poked around in the setting and can't seem to stop these unwanted messages

Go to the AIS website (English version) and sign in with one time password via text.

There's a menu item that will let you stop the junk texts.

PS: if you canx all SMS, you won't be able to use OTPs.

Edited by rijb

As an addition to the above posts...if you have root access to your

smart phone (rooted) you can easily get Root Call Blocker and it

surely stop unwanted sms & calls. It comes in 2 versions...free & paid.

hope this helps. Mind you there are other call/sms blockers out there

for me RCB works as advertised...no promo here...just fact.

With Dtac I was getting promo SMS at all times of the day and night. I went to their shop in central Plaza and complained quite politely that they were invading my privacy. That was 10 month ago, haven't had any since.

With Dtac I was getting promo SMS at all times of the day and night. I went to their shop in central Plaza and complained quite politely that they were invading my privacy. That was 10 month ago, haven't had any since.

I did the same with AIS.

J

jb1

Csll hotline 1175

Select stop SMS advertising or call operator give them the sender SMS number to block finish!

Project done!

Thanks. I'll give this a try. I've taken my phone to DTAC three times to stop unwanted SMS messages but I still get them. I know the outfit sending them to me. I just want them blocked. Not sure why DTAC can't figure it out. I'll try the 1175 number!

By the way, it's *137 on True Move. I just did it.

Go through the prompts.

Tied it. Din't work.

Yeah, True seem to be the worst, having blocked them on both my True and AIS SIMS, True still seem to send me spurts of their special offers. Well I think that is what they are as they are in Thai and I have stopped getting the Mrs to translate them and just immediate delete.

Csll hotline 1175

Select stop SMS advertising or call operator give them the sender SMS number to block finish!

Project done!

Thanks for that - I've just done that. I never use my phone for internet banking so being unable to use one-off passwords isn't an issue for me..

Alan

Go to the AIS website (English version) and sign in with one time password via text.

Link please.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Link please.

http://www.ais.co.th/en/

Enter your phone number in the top right box, and wait for a four digit OTP

Enter that, go to My Account, go to Service option and you'll see an option for SMS

• Like 1

I had an old Nokia that didn't even take pictures, was able to use the phone itself to block unwanted sms. The worst offender was DARA News, comes in Thai language. The phone was dying, a friend gave me a dual sim Samsung with touch screen. Lots of unneeded, unwanted stuff and I would have never bought. I use for phone, sms and now some pictures. I had ransfered old sim in and now the dreaded DARA News is back from the dead and I haven't been able to block. I don't want to stop all sms, too many friends insist on continuing to use, why? But do want to put a stop to DARA News. 1 2 call sim card.

• Like 1

Can anyone remember the days when every mobile phone had the ability to block a number at will? Even 500 Baht Nokia's....

So much for "smart" phones.

Yes and I do believe I'll go back to an old style Nokia that can take pics. I never had a cell phone until I came to Thailand and found one had to have. Never had one in the states until Hurricane Rita and that necessitated the purchase. Luckily the friend I stayed with waiting for power (we drove to Houston and picked up commercial sized generators for his house and business) had a radio/cell phone business. The old phones didn't have GPS in them either. I hate the smart phones and touch screens, give me a keypad and simplicity. All the people that I know that have had email etc. hacked had it done to them by using the internet over so-called smart phones. One way or the other Dara news sms has got to go, if gotten 2 since I first posted in this thread less than one and 1/2 hrs ago.

Can anyone remember the days when every mobile phone had the ability to block a number at will? Even 500 Baht Nokia's....

So much for "smart" phones.

It's a standard feature on iPhone's nowadays, but I don't know which iOS version introduced this.

http://www.wired.com/2013/09/iphone-call-block-faq/

Edited by MJCM