LMG Pacific Health Insurance

Beng

Agree with you about their packages and premiums, but the crux of how good they are is when you have to make a claim which in 4 years I have never had to do.

For your info they now have a "Direct Sales Office" Tel No.<contact member by PM> which means you don't have to go through a broker.

Edited by ubonjoe
Removed phone number Not allowed by forum rules

Agree with you about their packages and premiums, but the crux of how good they are is when you have to make a claim which in 4 years I have never had to do.

For your info they now have a "Direct Sales Office" Tel No. 02 4019164 which means you don't have to go through a broker.

Which is not a good idea ! I think you will find a broker does not cost any more but should you have a problem they can help you - unlike if you try and be clever and go direct.

I used them for years for my family and my staff. Claims were settled at the hospital. Then the premiums went up and up, so we moved over to Alliance. I gave up on OPD, especially for the kids as they just weren't going to the doctor often enough to justify the huge additional expense so we just paid the doctor's fees ourselves and bought any medication at our local chemist. This worked out way cheaper.

I used them for years for my family and my staff. Claims were settled at the hospital. Then the premiums went up and up, so we moved over to Alliance. I gave up on OPD, especially for the kids as they just weren't going to the doctor often enough to justify the huge additional expense so we just paid the doctor's fees ourselves and bought any medication at our local chemist. This worked out way cheaper.

Did the premiums go up because you made a claim or just part of their pricing policy ?

For your info they now have a "Direct Sales Office" Tel No. 02 4019164 which means you don't have to go through a broker.

Which is not a good idea ! I think you will find a broker does not cost any more but should you have a problem they can help you - unlike if you try and be clever and go direct.

Why is going direct trying to be clever ?

Most legit companies require you to go through an agent. Even if you go to www.ehealthinsurance.com and purchase, you will still have a licensed agent. I don't think the insurance business would allow it for one thing. I'm renewing next week, a publicly traded company on the NYSE. www.hcc.com But needs vary a lot depending on what the situation is in your home country. SOme folks simply need to be repatriated to their home countries where they have so called "free health care."

Most legit companies require you to go through an agent.

Well LMG must be one of the ones who don't !

I don't think the insurance business would allow it for one thing.

So are you saying my comment

is incorrect ?

Edited by alfieconn

I see they are backed by Liberty Mutual. I am waiting on my quote. But generally, I've found www.imglobal.com and www.hcc.com to offer twice the coverage and half the deductible for the same money for the same age person as any company mentioned on TV. Always willing to buy local so I will check them out. Even if going company direct; you will likely still get an agent assigned to you. And, IMG/HCC gives instant quotes online, so that alone is a big plus. Recourse for an American in Thailand v. America? Almost silly to ask.

I see they are backed by Liberty Mutual. I am waiting on my quote. But generally, I've found www.imglobal.com and www.hcc.com to offer twice the coverage and half the deductible for the same money for the same age person as any company mentioned on TV. Always willing to buy local so I will check them out. Even if going company direct; you will likely still get an agent assigned to you. And, IMG/HCC gives instant quotes online, so that alone is a big plus. Recourse for an American in Thailand v. America? Almost silly to ask.

No you don't, it fact it was their idea not to use an agent thumbsup.gif I think having the name "Direct Sales Office" sort of confirms this.

Edited by alfieconn

well, then it is ironic that they can't give you an online quote, but the companies that use agents can. I need a policy starting July 1, and I requested a quote.......it does appear to be better than the ones "in Pattaya." Been paying 105 usd for 100 usd deductible and a million inn coverage....direct billing with RAm and Bumrungrad, also. We'll see. We'll also see if the quote has anyone's name attached to it, like an "agent" perhaps? or just a call center number.

well, then it is ironic that they can't give you an online quote, but the companies that use agents can. I need a policy starting July 1, and I requested a quote.......it does appear to be better than the ones "in Pattaya." Been paying 105 usd for 100 usd deductible and a million inn coverage....direct billing with RAm and Bumrungrad, also. We'll see. We'll also see if the quote has anyone's name attached to it, like an "agent" perhaps? or just a call center number.

I don't think they will be cheaper than 105 dollars !

Look I have told you that they have a Direct sales Office and thus you don't need an agent, just accept that you are wrong about having to go through an agent !

I don't think they will be cheaper than 105 dollars !

Look I have told you that they have a Direct sales Office and thus you don't need an agent, just accept that you are wrong about having to go through an agent !

Tsk tsk.

post-55993-0-31932500-1403445054_thumb.j

Did the premiums go up because you made a claim or just part of their pricing policy ?

Their policy is what they said

We have health insurance policies with both Thai Health and Ayudhya Allianz. No agent involved. We deal direct with the companies. Never been denied a claim (never even been questioned about it). Never had an increase with Ayudhya Allianz in 5 years.

• Like 1

???blink.png

Most legit companies require you to go through an agent. Even if you go to www.ehealthinsurance.com and purchase, you will still have a licensed agent. I don't think the insurance business would allow it for one thing.

That is an American company and American policy. How is it relevant to insurance in Thailand?

• Like 1

Most legit companies require you to go through an agent. Even if you go to www.ehealthinsurance.com and purchase, you will still have a licensed agent. I don't think the insurance business would allow it for one thing.

That is an American company and American policy. How is it relevant to insurance in Thailand?

well, other than the fact that it is backed by an American Company (Liberty Mutual), and the aforementioned website sells the same type policies nothing much at all.....

Thanks to all of you.

I am with Bupa now and find them quite costy. Also they have plenty of exclusions or pay only a certain percentage and not the full amount for most illnesses. I have never claimed with Bupa so I don't know about the quality of their service, but my policy runs out on 2nd of July.

I'm still pretty undecided wether to stay with them or give LMG a try. The thing I like with Bupa is that they have a sales and service office here in CNX. Is there a LMG office here as well ??

• Like 1

Thanks to all of you.

I am with Bupa now and find them quite costy. Also they have plenty of exclusions or pay only a certain percentage and not the full amount for most illnesses. I have never claimed with Bupa so I don't know about the quality of their service, but my policy runs out on 2nd of July.

I'm still pretty undecided wether to stay with them or give LMG a try. The thing I like with Bupa is that they have a sales and service office here in CNX. Is there a LMG office here as well ??

There is an LMG office in CM but I'm not too sure if anyone speaks English, where as if you call the direct sales office in Bangkok you can speak to a native English speaker.

We had LMG travel insurance for my wife several years ago for a trip to the UK. It was arranged through AA brokers at Meechoke. We had to return to Thailand prematurely and claimed for the additional expenses. They paid out the full amount promptly.

I used Pacific Health for two years; they were very good about cashing my checks. I provided them with a pre-health coverage exam letting them know that I was taking medication for high blood pressure.

When I filed a claim in my third year they denied it citing my condition as "pre-existing". When I pursued the issued, they used the pre-health coverage exam as evidence that I had heart problems before the coverage began (i.e. high blood pressure).

They knew about my "pre-existing condition" ahead of time and never said a word, happily collected their premiums and then denied me coverage when the time came. If that is the type of company with whom you want to deal, you have my blessings.

I used Pacific Health for two years; they were very good about cashing my checks. I provided them with a pre-health coverage exam letting them know that I was taking medication for high blood pressure.

When I filed a claim in my third year they denied it citing my condition as "pre-existing". When I pursued the issued, they used the pre-health coverage exam as evidence that I had heart problems before the coverage began (i.e. high blood pressure).

They knew about my "pre-existing condition" ahead of time and never said a word, happily collected their premiums and then denied me coverage when the time came. If that is the type of company with whom you want to deal, you have my blessings.

As far as know, no company will cover you for a pre-existing condition, you say that they never said a word, so did they not put this condition on the exclusions part of the schedule ?

As far as know, no company will cover you for a pre-existing condition, you say that they never said a word, so did they not put this condition on the exclusions part of the schedule ?

In the USA, that's no longer the case.

There was no exclusion schedule.

In the USA, that's no longer the case.

Even before Obama Care in the U.S., after two years of coverage, pre-existing conditions were covered under most health care plans.

I requested a quote last night from LMG.........still haven't heard back from them. I generally don't ask people twice to take my money. A Thai business shooting itself in the foot? Bwahaha! Maybe they're busy denying claims of this weekends motorcycle victims.

Thanks to all of you.

There is an LMG office in CM but I'm not too sure if anyone speaks English, where as if you call the direct sales office in Bangkok you can speak to a native English speaker.

Any idea where their office is ?? Thanks