LMG Pacific Health Insurance

Beng

I received an email from their "Direct Sales Executive," I think that would be called an "Agent" in most of the world. I told him about my current plan and asked for reasons to switch. Number 1 was "guaranteed renewability," but at what cost? Their website says annual premium increases have been averaging 9-14%...but it appears that you could get huge premiums if you did have cancer or HIV (which I don't think would be covered). Lifetime limit is good at 80,000,000 and it is accepted at 250 hospital/clinics in Thailand. I think if there was no chance of me going back to the States, I would be a better candidate for it, but since they have to insure you (at the same high cost) in the US; I would be better off there if I were chronically ill, let alone getting Medicare at 65. As I previously stated, everyone's circumstances are different. Nationality alone can make a huge difference. I'll be sticking with HCC; for me it's a better value. I also got a quote from Allianz....they seemed to be quite high.

• 5 years later...
On 6/23/2014 at 7:12 AM, Beng said:

Thanks to all of you.

I am with Bupa now and find them quite costy. Also they have plenty of exclusions or pay only a certain percentage and not the full amount for most illnesses. I have never claimed with Bupa so I don't know about the quality of their service, but my policy runs out on 2nd of July.

I'm still pretty undecided wether to stay with them or give LMG a try. The thing I like with Bupa is that they have a sales and service office here in CNX. Is there a LMG office here as well ??

Im with Aetna too and they just bumped up my premiums - now unsure what to do

I had cover here through Cigna until they bumped my renewal up by a factor of 3, despite no claims. Just age related. So we take this cover in case we need it as we get older and then they price us out. I believe this is common practise. Guaranteed renewal is no good unless premiums are inflation linked only and I dont think that is available.