Advice required regarding new kitchen

pollyog

For my kitchen in Bangkok I used Asia cuccina , they have a showroom in Phuket. When I was looking for a kitchen for my place down here I visited their showroom in phuket town and they said that everything is made in the same factory as Bangkok.

http://www.asiacucina.com/

For my place in Phuket I ended up buying a show kitchen from another company in Bangkok and shipping it down. The company had an arrangement with a contractor here who installed it. The contractor just does cabinets and plumbing and he bought in a different guy to do the electrical and hydraulics ( part of the center island moves up and down).

For some cost estimates , The cabinets in my Bkk kitchen cost 900k from Asia Cucina. Appliances were extra. It's a big kitchen with 5m cabinets either side down 2 walls and a center island 1.2m x 2.4m. It's a nice kitchen and the workmanship is excellent.

Having said that I would probably not get a custom kitchen again. When I was shopping for my phuket kitchen I ran across many stores selling their display kitchens at 40-60% discounts. If you can make it work in your space then they are seriously worth looking at. The kitchen I ended up buying was originally 1.2 million and I paid 400k plus another 50k for shipping and installation.

Most high end Bangkok stores will ship to phuket and arrange installation.

Finally at the cheaper end of the spectrum my GF just installed an IKEA kitchen in her place in Chiang Mai. It's an L shaped kitchen around 6m total length. Total cost including sink, hob, extractor etc. was around 110k . Shipping was around 10k and local installation 10k . I don't know how it will hold up over time but it's a pretty nice looking kitchen and it seemed to me well constructed.