Aussie Partner Processing Wait times

Hi Kris,

Only one hour 15 minutes? you did well. I recently went two hours ten minutes on hold and was just about to give up when someone answered the phone, I nearly fell off my chair in shock as it was then after 6pm.

Thanks for the info, My wife is approaching the two years now so looking forward to contact from Diac.

Hi Guys, when you apply for a spouse visa in THailand, can you also still apply for tourist visa's while it's being processed? Given the year+ it takes to get the Visa, I'd be wanting the wife over in Australia before she gets the spouse visa

Hi Guys, when you apply for a spouse visa in THailand, can you also still apply for tourist visa's while it's being processed? Given the year+ it takes to get the Visa, I'd be wanting the wife over in Australia before she gets the spouse visa

Yes you can... We have been waiting for almost 10 months now and the wife has come over twice on tourist visa.
  • Like 1

Thanks Luba - greatly appreciated,

Yes you can... We have been waiting for almost 10 months now and the wife has come over twice on tourist visa.

Started of mates saying ..., Got mine in 6 months you will get yours around then.!

Six months later or its around 9 month mark now,you will get it in the 9 month mark...!

9 months later the word is its at the 10 month mark now you will get it then....,!

Well I have hit the 10 month mark now and nothing..! No request for more info just absolute nothing from them ...!

And wen you see others that have applied 2 - 3 months after you, you start to get a bit hot .. And the wife with the Thai blood starts to boil..,

So she has sent a email to them with some strong words and a please explain ...

First email we have ever sent ..will it fall on deaf ears maybe!! But hope to get somthing, as we are so tired of living in hope everyday ....

Started of mates saying ..., Got mine in 6 months you will get yours around then.!

Six months later or its around 9 month mark now,you will get it in the 9 month mark...!

9 months later the word is its at the 10 month mark now you will get it then....,!

Well I have hit the 10 month mark now and nothing..! No request for more info just absolute nothing from them ...!

And wen you see others that have applied 2 - 3 months after you, you start to get a bit hot .. And the wife with the Thai blood starts to boil..,

So she has sent a email to them with some strong words and a please explain ...

First email we have ever sent ..will it fall on deaf ears maybe!! But hope to get somthing, as we are so tired of living in hope everyday ....

Imagine they lost the application and you had to start again!

Yes got a agent ...and yes they have notified us that they recieved it 10 months ago..,

My agent is confident they haven't lost it .,!

If we don't get a replie from the email my wife has sent, she will send that same email every day till we get some kind of resonance.. I don't care now if they say anather 4,5,8 weeks just tell us somthing ..!!

Yes got a agent ...and yes they have notified us that they recieved it 10 months ago..,

My agent is confident they haven't lost it .,!

If we don't get a replie from the email my wife has sent, she will send that same email every day till we get some kind of resonance.. I don't care now if they say anather 4,5,8 weeks just tell us somthing ..!!

Your agent should be sending emails for you! Thats the whole point, and the reason why you pay them.

This is all I get"..!

Important

Please note that the standard processing time for a partner visa is 12 months, and we will not be providing updates on the progress of your application if it is within the timeframe. Your case officer will advise you if further information is required. In the interests of fairness, we process applications in the order in which they are received.

Ahhh this is killing me ..!!!???

I'm not trying to be harsh mate, but you (and others) have been advised

previously that they won't be providing updates unless the application has

been in for 12 months.

You said your wife has sent a "please explain" email.

Well, they already have. In other words, don't call us, we'll call you.

As has been mentioned here previously, annoying your CO with daily

emails isn't doing yourself any favours.

You're nearly there, just hang tough.

All we want is some sort of contact.And they do give a update most people on here no when there in final que.We got no idea wen we were put in final que or if we're not even at that stage yet.

Yes I'm hanging tough... But wen your past the 10 month stage and you have no contact let alone you don't even no your case officer it gets hard.!!

Hey guys,

Any idea how long they're taking to process applications which are in the final queue?

We applied end of March 2014 in BKK for Partner Visa and have been told by CO that application was handed to the final decision maker on 22nd September.

Is it still 12-16 weeks these days?

Cheers

Hey guys,

Any idea how long they're taking to process applications which are in the final queue?

We applied end of March 2014 in BKK for Partner Visa and have been told by CO that application was handed to the final decision maker on 22nd September.

Cheers

closer to 22-26

Yesss" the pain is over !!

Got the visa granted ??

Lodged: 23/Jan/14

Granted : 28/Nov/14

Goodluck for the rest of you guys waiting..

Got to get the party started ????

Peace out ...!!

So happy for you Luba! Drink till the sun goes down mate. Congratulations!

Luba, did you give the agent a bit of a serve?

Edited by Gopro

Hey guys,

Cheers

Seabass I put in early March, final maker appointed early august - still waiting but was told 16 weeks. Will be breaking cherries like luba in 2 weeks :-) Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Yesss" the pain is over !!

Got the visa granted ??

Lodged: 23/Jan/14

Granted : 28/Nov/14

Goodluck for the rest of you guys waiting..

Got to get the party started ????

Peace out ...!!

Guys ... Luba has rung the Bell.

His shout ... name the Pub ... drunk.gif

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Im currently reading all about visas etc and was wondering if anyone can help give me a brief rundown on my situation as im barely in front of a computer (tradesman) and it seems it will take as long to read all the info as it will take to wait for a partner visa approval...

My situation is this, im 30 living in aus and began speaking with a lovely thai woman in July 2014. I flew to meet her in November 2014 where we made our relationship an official one. I am now back in Aus and we are madly in love and are looking at all of our options to spend the rest of our lives together in Aus (i know its "fast" dont judge please).

I am 30 and she is 22 and is currently at university. Her graduation is in May 2015 and after that she wants to live in Aus with me.

We are not yet engaged (i bought the ring but chickened out) but our intentions are very clear in that we both want to start and raise a family together (no prior kids to my knowledge).

Should, or can, we apply for a partnership visa now so that it is approved in ~October 2015 and then in the mean time, have her apply for a tourist visa so we can be together from June to October.

Is this possible or have i got a lot more to read?

Any help is greatly appreciated, as i said i am time poor with computers and reading any govt info makes my brain hurt.

Im just a simple tradie who is madly in love.

catman ... couple of things.

Here, we don't judge you ... we'll leave that for other Forums.

Can your gf come here on a Tourist Visa while she has a Partner Visa Application in ... sure.

People with experience suggest that first you apply for the Tourist Visa, have that approved, but before she travels ... then apply for the Partner Visa.

There is no such thing as a 'Marriage Visa' ... there is a 'Partner Visa'.

So, not being married, do look at this ... https://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/35relationship.htm

Being 'married' and not living together would be a stumbling block. Marriage is not a short cut to a Partner Visa.

Now ... not judging, but more the kind 'Uncle'.

For an 'eye-opener' read this wee gem ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/781676-thai-girl-pregnant-what-are-my-obligations/#entry8760417

Many Ladies come to Foreign countries and HATE them.

Don't assume that a Lady from say Brisbane is the same a Lady from Udon Thani.

Spend the time and meet her Family, stay with them, live with them ... understand them.

If you can understand them ... you will be taking a step towards understanding your new love.

We are, a defacto (no pun intended) support group ... collectively, I'm sure, we wish you well ... thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the links.

She wants to move here. There is no doubt in her mind or in mine about the legitimacy of our relationship and intentions.

We chat on line from dusk til dawn and we skype for a few hours a night and even fall asleep "together" on skype. She speaks fantastic english (not bar girl) and will fit in well in Aus. I am also fully committed to knowing and understanding her family and i will consider them as my own. I just have not met them yet.

I will meet her back in Thailand in June for 2 weeks where i will be meeting her family. Then she will hopefully have a tourist visa and come back to stay in Aus with me. The tricky part here might be getting the visa because as a new graduate she will not have a job to leave or go back to. Hopefully she can find an employer that will write her a letter of employment for 3-6 months down the track.

Reading that defacto section of the link has me concerned. We cant apply for it until November 2015 is the way i read it, and then our waiting time only begins from there?

Is a defacto visa any different to a fiance or partner one?

How can we show we are defacto if our relationship is only through the internet besides my 3 week holiday to LOS?

How can you be in defacto without a visa to begin with??

There is no 'defacto-visa' ... 'defacto' describes a relationship where the partners are committed to each other ... without be married.

for a Partner Visa ... you can be either 'Married' or in 'De-Facto' ... Same - Same.

A 'Fiancée Visa' is completely different ... and also takes a fair while before being approved.

If you know how to Private Message 'PM' someone here ... send one off to the member Krisb ... nice bloke, an Aussie, Mate of mine ... he, from memory has experience there.

Instead of spending ALL your time with your Lassie on Skype ... take some time to explore this ... http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/pages/find-a-visa.aspx

It's a Visa Wizard for Australia.

Wow. 75 different visas available?

Should have really expected it to be this difficult and beaurecratic.

I think i might just pay someone to figure all of that out for me. Wether its best to get her here on a working/training/business visa etc.

I dont really care how we are together or what visa we need, we just have to be together. Ive been back 2 weeks and its seemed like months already.

Reading that wizard will certainly help me figure something out, thank you.

I will also PM your mate tonight. Thanks.

Are there any recommendations for migration companies that will help us figure out the shortest method/visa to get her to Aus?

Either based in Aus or LOS would be fine, or is it just as shonky an industry as everything else? Caveat emptor?

One of the things you should be doing now if you haven't started already is gathering and documenting your relationship . Take photos of yourselves in various locations, get all your e-mails and skype (or other communication) transcripts together, receipts of any gifts or expenses, your travel together or from oz to Thailand . Anything that you can use to prove that it is a genuine relationship .

If you have that prepared as you go then you will not have to do it later .

• Like 1

Thank you.

Yes i have been doing that.

I could not retrieve our initial conversations from the dating site however our skype call log is still there. We dont send emails and have texts are not stored for that long. We were "seeing" each other exclusively prior to meeting face to face. How can we prove this? We have no emails or text logs. All was done on skype calls spread over 3 devices with three different logs.

I hope the 3000 photos we took in 3 weeks together will show as much. I recently set up a facebook account, to hopefully aid the process.

I have been taking some screenshots of us speaking on skype. Do they accept these at all?

Edited by catmaninoz

I forgot face book because i don't use it but i know you know what i mean. You will swamp them with 3000 photos though , wish i had had that many to give them . like i said it is evidence to prove to them that your relationship is genuine.

Thank you.

Yes i have been doing that.

I could not retrieve our initial conversations from the dating site however our skype call log is still there. We dont send emails and have texts are not stored for that long. We were "seeing" each other exclusively prior to meeting face to face. How can we prove this? We have no emails or text logs. All was done on skype calls spread over 3 devices with three different logs.

I hope the 3000 photos we took in 3 weeks together will show as much. I recently set up a facebook account, to hopefully aid the process.

I have been taking some screenshots of us speaking on skype. Do they accept these at all?

"We were "seeing" each other exclusively prior to meeting face to face. How can we prove this?"

You can't ... it doesn't count.

"I hope the 3000 photos we took in 3 weeks together will show as much."

Nope ... means nothing ... seriously. Holiday photos count for little.

A photo just means that you have met each other.

'3000 photos we took in 3 weeks' ... means that you have met each other for 3 weeks.

Genuinely, I think that you have little concept of what defines 'a Relationship'.

I'm not here to read you the Immigration Act.

This Thread is about Partner Visas ... you seem to be getting into other areas.

Maybe start up a new thread with your questions.

Then the members can focus on you.

All, of course ... IMHO