Rice fraud verdict on Thaksin's aide due today

webfact

Sorry to rant, but a government cannot prosecute a case, it is what courts do. What you and the other red posters mean is that the case started under PTP rule. Are you saying that the goverment had so much power over the courts that they could stop cases. If so then all the better they are disposed as there should be a division of the three powers.

I don't really get your point while my point is clear, its a Taksins aide who got a contract because of his close ties to Taksin. He is a prime example of what is wrong with Taksin. The fact that the case was initiated during the PTP rule as such does not mean a thing unless you are stating that the government had total control over the courts (should not in a democracy).

No, courts NEVER prosecute a case. Not ever. Courts cannot be prosecutor and jury, rather obviously.

The government or, now, the independent Office of the Attorney-General typically does that. (There are others, but none of the others are a court.)

Prosecution of this particular sub-case of the entire President Agri scandal began in late 2011. However, the entire case began in 2004. Thaksin has never been named in the case — not by the prosecutor, not by the 2006-7 anti-Thaksin witchhunt, not by the Abhisit team,not by the PTP team, and not by the Prayuth team. But his close crony Wattana Muangsook was the in-government crony involved and HAS been named, over and over. All of this is so public, and has been for so many years, that it's really a crime that you stay uninformed instead of simply looking it up to find out for yourself.

Semantics, you know exactly what I mean. Governments don't prosecute cases that is what the judiciary is for. It would be real bad if governments would also have power over the judiciary. Therefor you either admit its a good thing they were deposed (misuse of power doing the judiciary its job) or they had nothing to do with this case.

Taksin is named in this very article and even you are not that naive to think he was not awarded the trade because of his ties to Taksin. I never stated that Taksin got a cut I was making a point about cronyism during Taksin his rule. I did not state Taksin was actively involved taking his cut like a big capo. That would be hard to prove, but one would be blind not to admit he got this deal because of cronyism.

Attorney's General and their sub-attorneys

Prosecute cases involving both companies and individuals.

Judges are

1) arbiters of the law

2) and also sometimes deliver verdicts,

either singly or in groups by majority decisions.

Juries deliver verdicts based on

1) rules set by judges,

2) the points argued by prosecutors for the government

3) defense attorneys.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by animatic

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic