Sub Machine Gun and Bullets Found At Mini bus Stop In Sattahip

Rimmer

Weapons Found At Mini bus Stop In Sattahip

2218.jpg

SATTAHIP – June 23, 2014 [PDN];-at 06.00 am. Pol.Capt.Nonsamat Bosuwan-investigation inspector of Satthip police station- was notified that some weapons had been found at a minibus stop on the side of the Sukhumwit road, Sattahip. After notification Pol.Capt.Nonsamat was accompanied with Pol.Col.Chanapat Nawaluk-superintendent of Sattahip police station- , Pol.Lt.Col.Nipon Pomsanam-deputy superintendent- and Pol.LtCol.Pawatchai Sudsakorn-deputy superintendent- who rushed to the scene.

At the scene they found a plastic bag which contained some weapons. Upon inspecting the bag they found an AK.33, a magazine and 200 M16 bullets which were all ready for use
Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/06/24/weapons-found-at-mini-bus-stop-in-sattahip/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-06-24

• Like 1

It's a pity the ammunition isn't for the AK! I can guess that someone has sold "a pig in a poke" to some wood duck and now the wood duck has thrown it away! I've seen it a couple of times over the years, where a pistol or rifle has been sold with the wrong ammunition!

A legal shooter I know was sold a 9mm pistol with .32 cal rimmed ammunition! Idiot! clap2.gifwhistling.giffacepalm.gif

or.perhaps it was some Kid's Toy, which he forgot on the way to School!

Considering there's no such thing as an "AK 33" you could be right...at least as far as I know.

There's the venerable and deadly AK 47,the AK74,the AK 100 series developed in the 90's and the most modern version the modular AK 12(I won't go too far into the different models...don't want to "bore" anyone to death)

Just on the Ammo thing-in point of fact there's plenty of variants on the AK floating around that are chambered for 5.56mm Nato rounds,so while I tend to agree with the "pig in a poke" diagnosis(nicely worded:) this COULD be a fully operational Sub Machine Gun,

Looks more like an AK74 SU to me,(the folding stock variant for use in Tanks,Choppers and other confined vehicles where space is at a premium)...or one of the Czech copies of said weapon,

its in terrible shape too,

but they are nothing if not tough,and could probably be restored fairly quickly to full operation.

• Like 1