Italy vs Uruguay - Tues 24 June, 11:00 pm, - Match Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Any other sport he would receive a life ban, especially after doing it three times. Pointless giving him any financial sanction unless they fine him a serious amount, like two years wages, as no doubt Liverpool would still keep paying him during any ban. Three strikes and you're out would be appropriate. Lets face it, he's too long in the tooth to change now, though a ban of a few years would give him plenty of time to chew things over!

• Like 1

Any other sport he would receive a life ban, especially after doing it three times. Pointless giving him any financial sanction unless they fine him a serious amount, like two years wages, as no doubt Liverpool would still keep paying him during any ban. Three strikes and you're out would be appropriate. Lets face it, he's too long in the tooth to change now, though a ban of a few years would give him plenty of time to chew things over!

Since my earlier post asking about Fifa's power a BBC reporter has said they do have authority to act retrospectively and a Fifa Vice president has said the incident MUST be investigated. If the bite is proved Suarez should be out of the World Cup and for a long, long time afterwards.

i now have to ask if Eufa can take this up and keep him out of European / Domestic football as I really have no idea how jurisdiction works sometimes.

To complete this story all we need now is one of Brendan Rodger's rambling press conferences.