Beauty doesn't have a colour code: Thai editorial

webfact

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These Thais with their whitening crap. They really need to get a life!

I agree. That is totally different than the white people on the beach or at a salon trying to get a tan. Totally different.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It is if you categorize tanned people as dirty and low educated

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

What? He said nothing of the sort. How could you even make that connection?

He was obviously being sarcastic and likely implying that Asian women trying for a whiter complexion isn't really different than western women trying to achieve a tanned complexion.

For some really good pictures of her:

http://thegreatpageantcommunity.com/2014/06/22/maeya-nonthawan-thongleng-is-miss-thailand-world-2014/

Beautiful woman. Good representative for Thailand.

That's raised the blood pressure a notch - :). She really is one cool lady - there seems to be nothing faked about her, a natural and happy smile, not forced or contrived, and body language that shows she's very much at home in the spotlight. Like Nikallaya, she's not particularly dark to me. She's just all woman.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter what colour her skin is.

One of my friends told me she was picked because she looks 'true Thai' I asked "what do you mean? and my friend said before they might have picked a half Thai - half 'farang'. They don't look 'true Thai'.

If this is the case, they've gone one step forward and two steps back.

"If this is the case, they've gone one step forward and two steps back."

Why?

My Lord, she isn't even that dark... unless the photos I saw have been bleached?? It boggles my mind how much the world (especially southeast Asia) is still caught up in this light skin obsession on 2014.

This is funny. I just showed my half Chinese, half Thai wife the pictures from the link I provided, and even my white-skinned-obsessed wife said: "Wow! She's beautiful, and really looks Thai!"

Go figure. cheesy.gif

And what does your white skinned half Chinese-half Thai wife think she looks like? Thai or Chinese?

This is funny. I just showed my half Chinese, half Thai wife the pictures from the link I provided, and even my white-skinned-obsessed wife said: "Wow! She's beautiful, and really looks Thai!"

Go figure. cheesy.gif

And what does your white skinned half Chinese-half Thai wife think she looks like? Thai or Chinese?

Believe me, I've tried to pin her down on that a dozen times. I get her standard response: "I'm the best of both the Lanna Thai and Chinese". facepalm.gif

It doesn't matter what colour her skin is.

One of my friends told me she was picked because she looks 'true Thai' I asked "what do you mean? and my friend said before they might have picked a half Thai - half 'farang'. They don't look 'true Thai'.

If this is the case, they've gone one step forward and two steps back.

"If this is the case, they've gone one step forward and two steps back."

Why?

One step forward because she's darker skinned - going against a popular adage here that white is more beautiful than dark.

Two steps back for implying that having a foreign parent here makes you any less Thai than someone else. Plenty of half Thai girls here with a foreign parent who they've never met. Born and bread Thai but who may not be classed as 'pure Thai' simply because of their looks. Doesn't matter if they're raised by a foreign parent anyway.

This is 2014. The whole idea of being pure any nationality based on looks is hopefully coming to an end.

What an utterly superficial discussion.

What is truly sad is that there has apparently become only one single stereotype of Thai beauty. If u don't conform, you aren't beautiful?

How truly sick is that.

I think she is strikingly stunning. Not sure how her dentist crammed all those teeth into her small bite though.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

My Thai wife was also "honey-skinned" and envied "whiteness". Took her to Michigan to live. Short summers, l-o-n-g winters. After 15 years she now lays out in the sun on nice days, hoping for a tan. I shrug and scratch my head.

• Like 1

I love the natural olive complexion that Thai women have. These so called whitening creams are a scam.

Olives are green....I have not yet seen green Thai women.

But i once saw captain kirk on star trek being beamed down to a planet to shag a green woman,so green might be the new fashion i guess.......

Yet on another thread yesterday many were saying 'too skinny' or 'too dark'. Only a fool would say this lady isn't a real beauty!

She is slightly darker than the 2nd and 3rd placed contestants by I love her skin tones and she is definitely more beautiful than the others.

post-122647-0-31793700-1403675754_thumb.

post-122647-0-45483800-1403675784_thumb.

• Like 1

I love the natural olive complexion that Thai women have. These so called whitening creams are a scam.

Olives are green....I have not yet seen green Thai women.

Excuse me, there are about 100 varities of Olives, not all Green.

• Like 1

Be proud Thais, now buy this whitner, boob job, nose job and chunky heels to be taller. Not only the Thais I admit, vain people every where.

Met this guy's girlfriend in Bangkok some time back nice lady looked as though she had, had a teenage skin problem. Guy explained to me later skin condition result of 2 years of whitening lotion. So unnecessary.

Yet on another thread yesterday many were saying 'too skinny' or 'too dark'. Only a fool would say this lady isn't a real beauty!

She is slightly darker than the 2nd and 3rd placed contestants by I love her skin tones and she is definitely more beautiful than the others.
yep I would definitely climb over the other two to get to her. Not saying the others ain't quality as they are but Miss Thailand world is a stunner and great skin tone.
  • Like 1

These Thais with their whitening crap. They really need to get a life!

They also put pegs on their nose , they are trying to look like Europeans , the flared nose for those who don't know, plays a important part in your body cooling, that's why Europeans suffer in the heat our nose is shaped for cooler climates, so this of course wont make their nose narrow and sharp looking, unless they are Michael Jackson , but along with the whitening, this is some silly idea that they will look like UK Princes Kate.

What utter rubbish. Humans have sweat glands to keep cool. Dogs and other mammals like yourself pant.

One thing I'd like to see in the actual competition would be a bikini round with zero make up allowed. Gotta see them genes from under all the plaster crap.

And childhood photos to compare. Even this one has a suspect nose and some hours spent at the dentist. They've done a good job though, have to admit. Those freaky colored vampire-look contact lenses simply have got to go.

Usually my comment is "I can find a better looking one at the local market in 10 minutes". However this time it's a tie with the local fruit seller biggrin.png

most women in this country are tanned... the chemical waiste industry wants everybody to buy their chemical crap (skin & other cancers in the long run?)

did the general ask for a better representative than those white ghosts we normally see ?