Chiangmai to Hong Kong

Thailand

If anyone is interested HKExpress are doing a book now travel Jan/Feb/March next year.

It's one of those basic costs plus a big jump when the extras are added but still quite good.

Checking for Mid Jan next year works out at about THB 4800 return.

• Like 2

Good shout -thanks.

We did an Airasia into Macau this April, over to HK by jetboat after a few days in Macau and back cnx from HK. Jetboat is cheap fast and frequent-just turn up like catching a bus. Good service

A good fun trip and not overly costly...

And Wednesday nights at Happy Valley Racecourse is just such a 'must do' - especially if you pick some winners of course.

Good shout -thanks.

We did an Airasia into Macau this April, over to HK by jetboat after a few days in Macau and back cnx from HK. Jetboat is cheap fast and frequent-just turn up like catching a bus. Good service

A good fun trip and not overly costly...

And Wednesday nights at Happy Valley Racecourse is just such a 'must do' - especially if you pick some winners of course.

I think we have done the Air Asia Macao trip 6 times since they introduced it! And yes the jetfoil is a great service.

During my many years in HK the Chairman of our company was also Chairman of the jockey club so we had a few amazing nights in the Chairmans box overlooking the whole Happy Valley course, food and drinks included. You didn't have to be a gambler to enjoy the experience.

Wife has used HK express a couple of times and says more than acceptable, and the current price for travel early 2015 is very good. One of the unexpected benefits of the coup I guess.

No doubt more deals coming mainly to try and get the Chinese back.

But it's hell getting out of Macau through Chinese Immigration. Thousands of gamblers rush home in the late afternoon, and huge queues behind each counter. I was in queue 41, and took an hour to discover they have an 'over 65' queue. Things went quickly from there, after a policeman checked that I was in fact a 'senior'..

The express train into Guangzhou leaves from nearby. 70RMB for a 200kmh ride of one hour.

• Like 1