Fastest way to get an international license

You might not need one. In the UK at least a Thai license is valid, and a quick google suggests a foreign licence is good in Australia too, at least in Queensland, no mention of an IDP;

"If you are visiting Queensland from another country, you can drive if you have a valid overseas licence. "

IIts very easy to get an international driving permit if you already have a Thai driving licence. Just go to the transport department in Bangkok. I paid bt500 and got one. It took just under an hour.

• Like 1

Considering there is no such thing as an international driver's licence I think you might have trouble getting one.... maybe try Khao San Road.

of course there is one. what an ignorant post. . I got mine from the trnsport dept.

• Like 1

Considering there is no such thing as an international driver's licence I think you might have trouble getting one.... maybe try Khao San Road.

of course there is one. what an ignorant post. . I got mine from the trnsport dept.

You got no such thing from the transport dept. If you look at it it will say international driver permit....

a permit is not a license.

You got no such thing from the transport dept. If you look at it it will say international driver permit....

The world save us from pedants.

I think you're well aware what the OP meant.

• Like 2

The world save us from pedants.

I think you're well aware what the OP meant.

Yes, I think it was quite clear what the OP and gamini meant.

However, with the amount of international licenses for sale all over the place, I do think it is important to keep the terminology clear so we're all talking about the same: legal IDP's and illegal IDL's.

My reason for being pedantic is due to how ignorant at times these govement offices can be...

Go in asking for an international licence and chances are you will be told "no Hab".......ask for an international permit though and you should have no problem.

You might not need one. In the UK at least a Thai license is valid, and a quick google suggests a foreign licence is good in Australia too, at least in Queensland, no mention of an IDP;

"If you are visiting Queensland from another country, you can drive if you have a valid overseas licence. "

Really? A Thai license is valid in the UK just as it is? Bloody hell, didn't know that...

Really? A Thai license is valid in the UK just as it is? Bloody hell, didn't know that...

Yes, other way round as well for temporary visitors.

Lets see em try and put points on that biggrin.png all joking aside can you drive like a looney with no fear of retribution whistling.gif

• Like 1

Sure is, rented with Avis last month. But couldn't get the wife to drive...."they drive crazy here", she reckons.

• Like 1