Good Places to eat in On Nut

globalmedia8

Actually, the On Nut night market has several food vendors with western foods and English menus. It's been pretty good fare in my limited experiences. You will see a lot of farangs with their GFs and wives eating and drinking there.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
  • Like 1

Actually, the On Nut night market has several food vendors with western foods and English menus. It's been pretty good fare in my limited experiences. You will see a lot of farangs with their GFs and wives eating and drinking there.

A must-to-avoid, then.

thought it may be like this, tried a few uk style bars, black swan , dubliner and was completely underwhelmed - microwave trash

Also getting sick of paying 100bt for a coke, not drinking at the moment but when a bottle of coke is dearer than a pint it is a piss take

The food I've had at that night market has been utterly grim, I lived opposite it for a year so gave it a fair few chances but there is nothing I would go back there for.

One more beer and the food would have been delightful. Anyway, western food here will never be as good as back home. But if you're hungry and the food on the plate is familiar and edible, then I'm OK with that. But to call it grim, I think, is an over-reaction. It sure beats dried squid and spoiled crab in som tam and BBQ'd chicken bums,

I do not remember the name but there is a western oriented bar restaurant frequented by a Danish friend that's on the even soi side, between On Nut and Phra Khanong, very close to the latter. We went there one night but it was closed during Songkran so I never got a chance to test it.

• Like 1

There's a little Italian place on the corner of soi 56. And I've heard of an English pub down soi 50.

The place you refer to on soi 50 is called The Toby Jug, its on your LH side as you go towards the expressway.

It was owned by a Thai.

Dont know if its still there, havent been up that way for a while.

Edited by rgs2001uk