Mini PC, do they sell them in Thailand?

guzzi850m2

Hi, I am toying with the idea of buying a mini PC for my 55" Samsung TV.

I have a Android smart box but I don't like it. I want something where I can use a mose/keyboard wireless and a proper OP system.

I see them on e-bay and they even sell some with i7 prosessor and 16/32 GB ram. They run Windows or Linux.

Have anybody seen them in Pattaya or Bangkok? I am in Singapore right now so if they can't be had in Thailand I might buy one here.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2051541.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xmini+pc&_nkw=mini+pc&_sacat=58058&_from=R40

Thanks guys, yes the Intel NUC with i5 sounds good, 13500 at invadeit and then comes storage +Ram & OP.

I will check the price for one here in Singapore, suspect they are more here.

A Nexus7 is 500S$ here, waay cheaper in Thailand.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, yes the Intel NUC with i5 sounds good, 13500 at invadeit and then comes storage +Ram & OP.

I will check the price for one here in Singapore, suspect they are more here.

A Nexus7 is 500S$ here, waay cheaper in Thailand.

oh yeah . . . 'and then comes' storage (mSATA 2.5-in) + RAM + OS ! are not included in the barebone kit. you may prepare paying double+ of THB13,500.

check the D54250WYK ( as on InvadeIT ) too, since the previous version a lot cheaper but its performance varies according to heat.

cheers

Hmm... Something must be wrong with me then. I purchased an HDMI Android Box along with a wireless Keyboard & Mouse, loaded up a couple versions of YouTube, some Stream Players, a version of XBMC, Popcorn, Music and Media Players, and added Thai/English keyboard software. Can connect a USB HD, it also has full access and the files on my laptop through media share.

According to the OP, I'm missing out on something. But what is it? 4,500฿ vs ...?

• Like 1

Hmm... Something must be wrong with me then. I purchased an HDMI Android Box along with a wireless Keyboard & Mouse, loaded up a couple versions of YouTube, some Stream Players, a version of XBMC, Popcorn, Music and Media Players, and added Thai/English keyboard software. Can connect a USB HD, it also has full access and the files on my laptop through media share.

According to the OP, I'm missing out on something. But what is it? 4,500฿ vs ...?

Well I don't like Android boxes but some do, up to them. So if I am ready to pay say 20.000+ baht on a mini PC what is your problem with that?

Perhaps I have some Ram modules + an old 320 GB hard drive laying around in my house and wants to try Linux.

You have to realize that a mini PC is a "real" PC in a very small package, so I can use it for several things. More and more people are using mini PCs now as a desk top replacment.

I din't find any here in Singapore so far but I am working here so time for hunting is very limited.

Well I don't like Android boxes but some do, up to them. So if I am ready to pay say 20.000+ baht on a mini PC what is your problem with that?

Perhaps I have some Ram modules + an old 320 GB hard drive laying around in my house and wants to try Linux.

You have to realize that a mini PC is a "real" PC in a very small package, so I can use it for several things. More and more people are using mini PCs now as a desk top replacment.

I din't find any here in Singapore so far but I am working here so time for hunting is very limited.

I actually have no problem with what you are doing.

I love playing and toying with equipment. Sometimes even removing android (or some other OS) and uploading a Linux replacement, just because I'm more familiar with Linux services.

But then stating that a mini PC is a "real" PC in a very small package... OK, I understand. You want what you believe you want. And you want a "real" PC. Should be able to find them real easy -- as you say, more and more people are using mini PCs now.

I just wish I didn't have so many multi-purpose circuit boards laying around with android stickers on them doing other things than being a phone. Well, except for the ones I pushed Linux to. Now, there's a 'real' operating system.

Good luck with your hunt. And have fun. It's not worth it unless you're having fun.

• Like 1

Well I am still a huge desk top PC fan and will always use one in the office in the house as the size of the thing makes upgrading/repairs so much easier.

I never tried Linux but will give it a try when I come back to Thailand in August month as I hear many good things about it, but as late as yesterday I was looking at Logitech keyboard/mouse that are using the unike unifying system that allows you to use one USB receiver for up to 6 users but sadly the keyboard K270 is not surported by Linux but the m235 mouse is, which is a bit frustrating.

Take a look at the webpage as follows:

http://www.commartthailand.com/news/giada-hardcore

At the bottom there are 3 comany contacts listed although I don't know if they keep a stock these products for sale. You could try and contact them though.

ผู้นำเข้าและจัดจำหน่าย :
Step Solutions ( โทร : 02 976-9101 )
M&E Team Work ( โทร : 089 157 9598 )

If you prefer desktop PC's, have you considered building your own HTPC. There are many different HTPC cases available in Panthip and you can basically configure it to what you need with a Mini ITX Motherboard.

Guzzi, have you tried SimLim Tower, a Singaporean Pantip smile.png For the best prices, start at the top and work down.

EDIT Here 1.303745,103.854689

Yes thank you, I know the place very well.

Sadly I have very limited time off when I am in Singapore, but will try to get in there perhaps on Sunday.

@userabcd: Well I prefer a desktop pc in my office, not next to the TV, LOL.

I read many very good rewievs on e-bay from happy users using the Intel NUC i5 unit, they have very low power consumtion and are easy to move around.

Well after coming to my sences and thinking hard about my needs I concluded that buying a mini PC is not such a good solution for me.

My current HP desk top is from 2011 and don't have any usb 3.0 ports sooo I think I rather buy a new desk top PC (home made) and put my HP in the living room, I have heaps of space in there anyway. I just have to make the HP wi-fi capable, I think you can buy a usb stick with wi-fi receiver?

Maybe in a year or two the HP can go upstairs and be used by my son and I can buy a mini PC then, the selection will most likely be much better too.

The price for the Intel Nuc is the same in Singapore and Thailand so no money to be saved.