One Day Overstay, Had to Pay 500 Baht Fine

Just a quickie,

Admitted until 24th June on 30 day exempt, departing through immigration at Phuket 20:00 on 25th and had to pay overstay fine for 1 day. Is it at the officer's discretion whether or not to impose fine for only one day?

Yes, it is at the officer's discretion. What time did your flight depart?

Meant to depart at 22:20 but after boarding and de-boarding twice (they couldn't 're-boot' the plane), I'm currently in Phuket at Jetstar's pleasure until this evening.

Hope they don't fine me for another day thumbsup.gif

Yes, it is at the officer's discretion. What time did your flight depart?

Meant to depart at 22:20 but after boarding and de-boarding twice (they couldn't 're-boot' the plane), I'm currently in Phuket at Jetstar's pleasure until this evening.

Hope they don't fine me for another day thumbsup.gif

I had that once, 30+ hours delay in the end, was with KLM though.

I was asking about departure time because you mention your immigration time in your post, but the scheduled departure time determines the overstay. So with a departure after 00.00 you'd have had 2 days overstay, even though you passed immigration at 20.00 hours.

I think there is a 24 hour 'grace' period but it's up to the Immigration officer's discretion.

Thb500 is the standard rate per day.

Correct. The 24 hours "grace" period doesn't seem to exist in Phuket. Years ago I had 2 1 day overstays during one calendar year and I had to pay both times.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app